London EDACS System Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Woke up this morning to hear an LPS Dispatcher and radio tech talking on the Provincial Common talkgroup about big problems with the system this morning. It looks like the system is up and running but the majority of the calls are being rejected. I'm not sure at this point if it's just digital talkgroups that are affected or all of them (I just heard LFD do a 'Good morning all companies' broadcast) plus Prov-Com seems to be working. Still seeing lots of affiliations, just nobody can seem to talk.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Looks like 2 of the 9 voice channels on site 1 are working, but analog mode only. All the digital talkgroups are being rejected. I haven't checked the status of sites 2,3 or 4. This must be what system admin's have nightmares about

Edit - Took a very quick look and didn't see any digital traffic on the other sites either.

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
It seems the encryption is messed up
Iv herd a few cars get called back to hq to get a different car so must be in the works of getting fixed
Core is on dis 1
Fringe provcom
Cpic lcom1

All other users of the system seem to be ok and on their normal talkgroups

Have yet to hear the court services guys talk thou

moonbounce

I also have picked them up analog this morning, just heard about some guy who is suicidal.

Being as I don't have a digital scanner, I put my scanner in search mode in the 866 to 868.925 to scan the LFD when I hear them going to a call. What I have found was interesting, on occasion I have heard LPD in the clear, it doesn't happen often but it does happen. I remember hearing them a couple of years ago once or twice but I chalked it up to being a fluke thing and just kind of shrugged it off not bothering to monitor the freq. I heard. Now, I realize that it is worth while for me to monitor them as some calls are in the clear .

Moonbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.