London P.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesWurk

Looks like it isn't the one's that got the raise that are being punished.

Wouldn't $1500 per portable be more realistic? Londons system is for the whole city and not just police.

I wonder if the cost of policing will ever have an effect on whether or not they will be able to afford the digital radios and all of there other hi-tech toys. If I remember correctly just one portable radio was $15000.

AM980 News Talk Sports London Police Nervous? Windsor Cops Laid Off Following 3% Arbitration Award Local News

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yeah London Police, Fire Dept, Public Works, Commissionaries, parking enforcement, animal control and common talkgroups all use the edacs system.
All but public works use portables. But all do use mobiles

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
LPS portables certainly aren't $15k a piece. For a fully featured (encryption etc) radio is more like $4k. Then likely less than that when they are bought in quantity.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I wonder if the cost of policing will ever have an effect on whether or not they will be able to afford the digital radios and all of there other hi-tech toys. If I remember correctly just one portable radio was $15000.

AM980 News Talk Sports London Police Nervous? Windsor Cops Laid Off Following 3% Arbitration Award Local News

Pembroke PD in eastern ontario which is a small town just had a larger arbitration awarded to there civilian dispatchers who are soon to be losing there jobs as they outsource dispatching to Owen Sound PD. Second thing is they are also looking at taking a 100 year over PD and switching to the OPP.

There are a couple of other depts around Ontario doing the same because of arbitrator rulings. You would think these people would learn that it's better to have a job then to get a raise you don't really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.