london police scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in London but I am a firefighter in Maryland USA. i have my Motorols xts 5000 radio and i am going to get the new freq for london police programmed in so i have something to listen to at home. does anyone know what encryption the police are using? I heard AES, DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, but not sure which one it is. This way I can listen to the police encrypted frequencies.

Also does anyone have a spare programming cord for the BCD-396XT, i need the usb one as it comes with the serial port adapter and none of my computers have an old serial/com port.

Thanks

captain@firerescue1.com
or
canadawalrus@gmail.com

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
II heard AES, DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, but not sure which one it is. This way I can listen to the police encrypted frequencies.

Sorry but it doesn't work that way. You will need the encryption key that the police use along with the encryption board before you can listen.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of them giving out the key is extremely low.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I live in London but I am a firefighter in Maryland USA. i have my Motorols xts 5000 radio and i am going to get the new freq for london police programmed in so i have something to listen to at home. does anyone know what encryption the police are using? I heard AES, DES, DES-XL, DES-OFB, but not sure which one it is. This way I can listen to the police encrypted frequencies.

Wow, that's a heck of a commute from London to Maryland. Good luck getting your radio programmed for London Police. Somehow I think they may frown upon you doing this. I'm also curious where you are going to get the encryption keys from? If it's that easy to do, then there wasn't much point in them encrypting in the first place. Same things applies to your post about Woodstock Police.... not going to happen there either. But hey! If you can, might as well throw in Sarnia and Stratford too!

smackdaddy

I'm also impressed that he can apparently receive both the London P25 and the Woodstock system on the same XTS-5000. A miracle of out-of-band programming. Sweet!

Cheers,
SD.

smackdaddy

I was apparently so impressed that I had to double-post that. My apologies, not sure what happened.

Cheers,
SD.

Last edited:

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
What is it that some folks don't get. If it's encrypted, then you won't ,can't and most of all shouldn't be listening . Simple to understand. There are tons of other things to listen to on the airwaves, you don't know what your missing.

Cheers, Andy

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
What is it that some folks don't get. If it's encrypted, then you won't ,can't and most of all shouldn't be listening . Simple to understand. There are tons of other things to listen to on the airwaves, you don't know what your missing.

Cheers, Andy

Wow, that's a heck of a commute from London to Maryland. Good luck getting your radio programmed for London Police. Somehow I think they may frown upon you doing this. I'm also curious where you are going to get the encryption keys from? If it's that easy to do, then there wasn't much point in them encrypting in the first place. Same things applies to your post about Woodstock Police.... not going to happen there either. But hey! If you can, might as well throw in Sarnia and Stratford too!

It is a commute of a 10 hour drive that i work every other weekend. but I am off on medical leave right now. As I posted on another thread. I sent my radio out to a guy in the US and i gave him a list of freq's and the type of encryption and it came back and i could hear them. possibly a fluke???? Not sure I don't know much about this stuff

smackdaddy

All I can say... if by some "fluke" you are actually hearing this stuff (not that I believe you are for one second). Then I would sit back, enjoy and most importantly STFU before you attract the kind of attention that you do not want. Discrete is elite.

Cheers,
SD.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Perhaps you should make a recording of this "encrypted" super decoding radio and post it
Im sure that would end all questions about your super radios :)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
All I can say... if by some "fluke" you are actually hearing this stuff (not that I believe you are for one second). Then I would sit back, enjoy and most importantly STFU before you attract the kind of attention that you do not want. Discrete is elite.

Cheers,
SD.

Hear Hear! Who is this guy, the oldest and most discrete member on here? :)

What this guy has said should be on the wall so to speak in every forum. Kind of like the 10 Commandments I heard about in fairy tale books

. And everyone who posts about breaking encryption should be whacked across the head with the same tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.