London SkyDrive........BOSS Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, with the London SkyDrive coming up on the 12th and 13th of September, I thought I would start a thread as I am sure others may have the same questions.
Aside from the usual London Airport frequencies, can anyone confirm, the BOSS control freq?

I saw a thread on here from 2018, but there were a few freq's listed. Does anyone know what it was from last years event?

Any other channels worth noting? I will be there on the Saturday, looks like it is going to be an amazing lineup of performers this year!

Jason

mciupa

Database Admin
If your scanner does not have replay/record capabilities then I would suggest a headset or ear buds at the very least. You can imagine the noise level.

ChuckWillis55

Last year, the Show Boss used the Tower Alternate - 125.650. And for the first time the Show Boss used a Show Ground frequency for start-ups and taxiing - 130.150.
You can bet that 125.650 will be used this year, as it is a Nav Canada frequency assigned to London.
Because no foreign (US) aircraft are landing, it's quite possible the Show Boss will be in the Control Tower.

Xray

I bet they are getting anal about people trying to view from alternate locations.

I used to go to the London shows every year, that was back 15 years ago or so haven't been there in a while, enjoy.

king_pounds

I bet they are getting anal about people trying to view from alternate locations.

I used to go to the London shows every year, that was back 15 years ago or so haven't been there in a while, enjoy.

The commissionaires were apparently there first thing in the morning telling people to leave and ticketing people who weren't with their vehicles. I was there from 10 until 2 yesterday and didn't see them. I'm sure they'll be out in full force today and tomorrow getting people to move away from the side roads near the airport!

gary123

You can't enjoy a free show :( .

Actually, keeping the roads clear of parked cars and people wandering all over is necessary.

My advice is to find a parking lot or even a private driveway with a good view and ask if its okay for you to stay and watch the show. If you ask nicely, are quiet, move when asked to and don't leave a mess, there are lots of people who will let you do this.

Xray

Road closures and limited access around show perimeters are the norm, especially with the Tbirds performing, who in fact insist on road closures for safety reasons.
They do go overboard sometimes though, and no doubt show organizers encourage the harassment of non paying viewers.

What is the concept here, you are designated a parking spot and, what ? Can't venture 6 ft from your vehicle ?

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I was there yesterday in the Blue Zone, one hell of a show. Yes, you are designated in a 20X25 foot spot. Was great, had the car right there, snacks, refreshments, etc etc...The dominos van was driving around all day offering Pizza's...good price too. Best show I have been to in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.