• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

London terrorist plot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
3,832
Location
RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207682,00.html

I wonder if one day I wont be able to take a notebook on a plane?

There are more security holes that airports among others that seriously need be look at. Only a matter of time before 9-11 Part II.

I got to hand it to MI-5 they seem to be on the ball with all this terrorist sht!

So-13 is a awesome organization as well. I watched and recorded their raids on houses in a middle eastern district in relation to the 7-7-05 London bombings.


http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1230417,00.html
 
Last edited:

Napalm

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
432
Location
Clark Co., Ind.
SO-19 or 13?

I'm sure it's 19 that's the firearms team.

For reference, we don't have "Middle Eastern Districts" here. Most of the muslims in this country don't come from the middle east, but from Pakistan et al.
 

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Joined
Dec 15, 2000
Messages
2,579
Location
New Braunfels, TX
from the news: Passengers in Britain faced delays as tighter security was hastily enforced at the country's airports and additional measures were put in place for all flights. Laptop computers, mobile phones, iPods, and remote controls were among the items banned from being carried on board.

Liquids, such as hair care products, were also barred on flights in both Britain and the U.S."

Wouldn't surprise me if they now ban all electronics from carry on in the US.
 

mike_webb59

Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
201
Location
New Braunfels, TX
I travel (domestically in the US) about 200 days in a year. The ban is on liquids as carryon; we are advised to put our shaving kits in checked luggage save for medicine and baby formula. I can live with that. Besides, too many people have abused the carryon policies for so long anyways; deserves them right.

Skycaps are a dying breed; a reminder when it was "classy" to fly. I like to think that even the few $$ I tip them helps to keep the line going.....

You can still carryon, but expect even more scrutiny.

I am wondering what I should do about my scanner when I leave for Michigan on Monday. I'll wear my best underwear just in case.
 

rhutch

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
568
Location
Ontario
n4voxgill said:
from the news: Passengers in Britain faced delays as tighter security was hastily enforced at the country's airports and additional measures were put in place for all flights. Laptop computers, mobile phones, iPods, and remote controls were among the items banned from being carried on board.

Liquids, such as hair care products, were also barred on flights in both Britain and the U.S."

Wouldn't surprise me if they now ban all electronics from carry on in the US.

That should make 8, 10, 12 hour flights just great. I suggest that if they want to make it as safe as possible, how bout they just stop flying or all the passangers could strip and sit naked (I guess we'd need a cavity search too).

So no electronics or liquids- which means you can sit there and watch the airlines crap movies drinking your third of a can of cola.

If this keeps up I really think it will mean the end of flying for the general public. I'm flying to Germany in the fall and if it is a real pain in the a**. I know it will be my last.

Why don't we just face the facts the Terrorists have won.
 

cschmit

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
206
Location
Wauwatosa, WI
mike_webb59 said:
I am wondering what I should do about my scanner when I leave for Michigan on Monday. I'll wear my best underwear just in case.
I have the same question except with my HT Amateur radio. The wife and I are going to San Fran in 2 weeks and I plan on taking it along.
 

overlord1

Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
10
rhutch said:
That should make 8, 10, 12 hour flights just great. I suggest that if they want to make it as safe as possible, how bout they just stop flying or all the passangers could strip and sit naked (I guess we'd need a cavity search too).

So no electronics or liquids- which means you can sit there and watch the airlines crap movies drinking your third of a can of cola.

If this keeps up I really think it will mean the end of flying for the general public. I'm flying to Germany in the fall and if it is a real pain in the a**. I know it will be my last.

Why don't we just face the facts the Terrorists have won.
I agree completely. The sad part is the American "sheeple" have been conditioned since 9/11 to accept any and all restrictions on their personal liberties no matter how egregious or meaningless. This is especially true when it comes to air travel. I imagine very soon anyone who wishes to fly aboard a commercial aircraft in this country will have to submit to an FBI background check weeks in advance before they can even purchase an airline ticket. As for me, I quit flying after 9/11 and now drive anywhere I want to vacation. I really feel sorry for those that have to wait in hours long lines and put up with such b/s for the privilege of being transported in an aircraft by an airline that forgot the meaning of customer service and could care less about its customers.
 

PortCop

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
34
Location
Effingham County, GA
overlord1 said:
As for me, I quit flying after 9/11 and now drive anywhere I want to vacation. I really feel sorry for those that have to wait in hours long lines and put up with such b/s for the privilege of being transported in an aircraft by an airline that forgot the meaning of customer service and could care less about its customers.

Yup, I'll be damned if I'm gonna show up 4 hours in advance for a 2 hour flight south on Greyhound with wings. I'd rather drive the 12 hours with my XM cranking.
 

garys

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
4,632
Location
Eastern MA
overlord1 said:
I agree completely. The sad part is the American "sheeple" have been conditioned since 9/11 to accept any and all restrictions on their personal liberties no matter how egregious or meaningless.
As opposed to?

The terrorists haven't won, yet. And they certainly won't win because of increased security checks. They will win because the West won't do what needs to be done because of fear of offending someone.
 

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Joined
Dec 15, 2000
Messages
2,579
Location
New Braunfels, TX
You guys must have not heard about the security on Israel owned airlilnes. They have had extra high level security for years and have never had a highjacking. You want a safe flight, take one of their planes. They take security serious and don't act like a bunch of liberals. You either do it their way or you don't fly. Act like a trouble maker on a flight and arrive DOA.

If the terrorists have won, then democracy is dead.
 

Bill2k

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
279
Location
New Hampshire
Electronics were not banned on US flights. They were only banned on UK flights. As for getting any other banned items to you desination you have to put them in your "check-in" luggage.
 

rhutch

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
568
Location
Ontario
n4voxgill said:
You guys must have not heard about the security on Israel owned airlilnes. They have had extra high level security for years and have never had a highjacking. You want a safe flight, take one of their planes. They take security serious and don't act like a bunch of liberals. You either do it their way or you don't fly. Act like a trouble maker on a flight and arrive DOA.

If the terrorists have won, then democracy is dead.
I've flown on El Al yes they do take security seriously it's not handled by rent a cope who get paid $10 an hour either. They never worried about tweezers and nail clippers. They also practice profiling rather than randomly trying to find a terrorist by searching little old laid or 4 year old kids.
 

N2MWE

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 30, 2001
Messages
2,460
Location
Andrew Cuomo\'s Kingdom
For those of you who think this was BS, I am truly sorry God forgot to give you a brain. This is the Crusades of the 21st Century. Instead of swords and shields, we're using bombs and airliners as weapons. The ante has been upped...the ultimate battle is coming, and it's coming faster than people think.
By the way...anyone else notice that this came on the heels of three out of those eleven Egyptian "students" being found? Where the hell are the other eight?
 

rhutch

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
568
Location
Ontario
Bill2k said:
Electronics were not banned on US flights. They were only banned on UK flights. As for getting any other banned items to you desination you have to put them in your "check-in" luggage.

The theiving baggage handlers must love it, now they know all the good stuff is in the checked luggage, with all the delays they will even have extra tim to go though your bags to take the good stuff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top