• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

London terrorist plot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9JLR

PortCop said:
Again, why is our government sending American men and women to die there because of this 1,300 year old fight?
We need to get the hell out of the Mid-east, quit playing cop to the world, and let those bastards kill each other like they have for centuries. All of them together is not worth the lost of one American life. It's not our fight. BTW our "war on terror" in Iraq foiled these 3rd generation Pakistanis living in England how?
We can't just get out now, the radical Islamic factions wish to see the U.S. and other parts of the Western World wiped off the map. It's less about Iraq and such and more of what I would call a religious/ethnic conflict that even many top ranking foreign policy analysts have said is the start of World War III. Yes, your children will probably fight World War III in the Middle East...it's here folks. These terrorists will stop at nothing to destroy our way of life...that's their goal. They are adjusting their methods to avoid detection since 9/11, and even winning many muslim converts in the U.S. This touchy feely liberal attitude is getting us nowhere....we need to take more aggressive action and stop burying our heads in the sand or they are going to pile drive our asses into the ground for us.

EJB

The sad thing is...

First they attack the U.S. then antrax scares, highten security, then Madrid, Bali, London, Toronto, now this.
These basturds have really done a number on the west.
They have us ALL scared shi*less, our freedoms stripped, our soldiers off fighting a war that is really gonna be hard to win.

To me there is no reason to have gone there (the mid-east) but we did and I guess it will be hard to get out.
All of this bullsh*t to me is about profits, oil and prtecting the oil lords in OPEC and Saudi Arabia. I wish that one day we could create enough of our own fuel be it natural or even oil and tell the saudi/Chavez/Royal dutch shell/Exxon/Nigeria basturds to go puck themselves.
American ingenuity, its capitalist spirit is the strongest in the world, and perhaps some decent fuel source can be made from this. Ethanol, wind, solar, oil sands in Texas North (Alberta). We have a lot of choices now we must break free of big oil and the big money that stifles creativity.

The Muslim world there doesnt give a damm about freedom, democracy or a quality of life that we enjoy (and are now under tremendous pressures). There is no reason for anyone to waste their precious life to send them our democracy, they could give a damm.

What a wonderful world indeed but lets keep our chins up, dark before the dawn.
End of rant, Eric

skullboy

I have said it for years.Bring our boys home,put them on the borders and no one comes in with out approval.Let the religous freaks kill each other but dont harm our troops.One year of this and people would change the way they deal with the U.S.A. .02

rhutch

STiMULi said:
You are being periodically censored. :)

I take it you're joking, because I was beginning to wonder, because I thought about 3 of my post went MIA.

rhutch

EJB said:
First they attack the U.S. then antrax scares, highten security, then Madrid, Bali, London, Toronto, now this.
These basturds have really done a number on the west.
They have us ALL scared shi*less, our freedoms stripped, our soldiers off fighting a war that is really gonna be hard to win.

To me there is no reason to have gone there (the mid-east) but we did and I guess it will be hard to get out.
All of this bullsh*t to me is about profits, oil and prtecting the oil lords in OPEC and Saudi Arabia. I wish that one day we could create enough of our own fuel be it natural or even oil and tell the saudi/Chavez/Royal dutch shell/Exxon/Nigeria basturds to go puck themselves.
American ingenuity, its capitalist spirit is the strongest in the world, and perhaps some decent fuel source can be made from this. Ethanol, wind, solar, oil sands in Texas North (Alberta). We have a lot of choices now we must break free of big oil and the big money that stifles creativity.
Well actually the US is there finishing something that they started (with the British) 30 plus years ago when they installed the brutal Shah back into power in Iran, which lead to Iran becoming a fundementalist state, which lead to the war between Iraq and Iran, which lead to the US arming and assisting Saddam, which lead to his need for more money (thru oil), which lead to the US going to Saudi Arabia (which pissed Bin Laden off), which lead to the first Gulf war which lead to the Second Gulf war. The Bin Laden thing is a new branch.

EJB said:
The Muslim world there doesnt give a damm about freedom, democracy or a quality of life that we enjoy (and are now under tremendous pressures). There is no reason for anyone to waste their precious life to send them our democracy, they could give a damm.

What a wonderful world indeed but lets keep our chins up, dark before the dawn.
End of rant, Eric
The other problem is no matter how well meaning (I beleive for the most it is well meaning) everyone doesn't want to be an American. They definately don't want American values (or lack of values), morals (or lack of morals), or American institutions forced upon them.

Actually if you're in a fight its best to keep your chin down lest your opponent punch you in it.

STiMULi

rhutch said:
...everyone doesn't want to be an American. They definately don't want American values (or lack of values), morals (or lack of morals), or American institutions forced upon them.

Some of them we wold never ask to become an American, even if they live on the same continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.