• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Long B tone XTS 5K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpanella

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

Was hoping to get some insight on how to program a "quick call 2" (Single long B tone) into a XTS 5k. I've searched through the CPS for quite a while here trying to find just a long B tone option but there seems to be none. All I see in the CPS for quick call to are (A/B, A/ Long B splits etc.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

jackj

Have you tried the obvious, programing both the A and B tones to the same frequency?

Mpanella

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried the obvious, programing both the A and B tones to the same frequency?

Yeah.

I understand it will work that way, but was wondering if there was anyway to do it "the right way" without sending out an additional unnecessary tone.

jackj

I don't understand??? "The Right Way' is the way that allows it to work, at least according to my thinking. If I remember rightly, the "All Call" or "Quick Call" was just the same reed used for both A and B. Then the decoder had a second timer that instructed it to trip the alert if the B tone was detected for a time interval equal to both the A and B tone lengths. I don't know of any reason why that would have been changed but it has been a number of years since I've been in the paging business.

Mpanella

Premium Subscriber
I'm also having a signaling issue in the CPS. Looking to have both MDC and a Quick Call II personality on the same zone. Is this possible with the FPP enabled? I read on here that FPP enabled radios can't have two types of signaling on the same zone. Is there any truth to this?

I'd like to have two conventional personalities on the same zone. One with standard MDC PTT ID signaling and a second (of the same frequency) for paging out Quick Call II on the system I'm looking to operate on. This programming was never an issue with my HT-series portables.

Even better, I'd like to be able to have a PTT ID MDC and be able to "page or call" a quick call set of tones on the same personality. In layman's terms, I'd like to be able to tone people out while still broadcasting my PTT ID.
Can this be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.