Long Beach Island FDs/County Lakewood Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Tonight around 8:30 I heard Stations 13 (Barnegat Light FD) and Station 49 (Surf City FD) operating on the Ocean County Lakewood Fire Repeater (506.7125 DPL 223) at the scene of an incident in the area of 10th and 16th Streets on the Island. Then around 9 o'clock I heard the chiefs from Stations 13, 46, 49 & 51 notify county on Islandwide 2 (158.835 DPL 243) that their respective units were clear from 16th Street and back in quarters. Did anyone hear this and know why they would be using the Lakewood Repeater for ops?

At first I thought maybe something was amiss with their system, but would have thought if something WAS wrong, they would have used the Tuckerton Repeater, being that it's much closer to the Island. What makes it more puzzling is that they called "out of service' on Islandwide 1, which would idicate that the system IS working.

Anybody have any answers?

Last edited:

Joseph11

Island 1 is 158.7525 MHz (DPL 243). Island 2 is 158.8350 MHz (DPL 243).

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
Possible answer......

More than three fire companies operating at a scene, so the county hit the fire coordinators.

Possibably, the only available fire coordinator was in the north section of the county and he wanted to listen to the operations before heading down to LBI.

The county is able to "patch" certain frequencies together for interopability. Wheter talkgroups or conventional channels.

It is possible they patched LBI Islandwide?? to the Lakewood Conventional Repeater for this......

NOT sure, but very possible..........

Status
Not open for further replies.