Long Beach Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Earlier this week I heard a unit from Ship Bottom FD (Station 46) talking to someone on 158.730 DPL 503 at the scene of an incident. I only caught the tail end of the conversation so I don't know what he was talking about or to whom he was talking. Shortly after that, 4600 radioed county on Islandwide 2 to tell dispatch that his units were clearing the scene. On an old list of LBI frequenies, it was listed as Barnegat Light FD (Station 13) fire ground, and it's licensed to them on the FCC Database. Just to clarify, it definitely wasn't Islandwide 3 (158.730 DPL 306) because I have that one tagged as Islandwide 3 and the other one, 158.730 DPL 503, as Barnegat Light FG. Does anyone know what the deal is with this frequency, ie: is it another common Islandwide frequency, or what specific FDs on LBI have the capability to use it?

fireted

Premium Subscriber
yea 18 mile radio has 6 ''islandwide'' channles
islandwide 1 is dispatch
islandwide 2 is ops to county
islandwide 3 is ops to county secondary
islandwide 4 fireground fireground ( your not gonna hear this from to far away)
islandwide 5 is fireground 2 but we never use it
islandwide 6 is for water rescues ops

fireted

Premium Subscriber
and 18 mile radio or ''islandwide'' is for all the fire deps. and squads to use althought beach haven first aid may go back to OC EMS1

DJ88

fireted, a couple of questions for you:
First off, kind of repeating my original question posted here but I had 158.730 listed as Islandwide 3 (DPL 306) and Barnegat Light Fire Ground (DPL 503). However I have recently confirmed that Islandwide 3 uses DPL 503. Do you know if DPL 306 is used on that frequency at all and if so what for? Also, does Barnegat Light FD use it as their own private fire ground channel, and if so, what DPL do they use?

Secondly, can you confirm the following frequency information:
Islandwide 4 - 159.7650 DPL 243 - Primary Fire Operations
Islandwide 5 - 155.1600 DPL 243 - Secondary Fire Operations
Islandwide 6 - 155.2350 DPL 243 - Water Rescue Ops
Fire Police - 153.7850 DPL 243

Finally, do you know if 453.6625 (Islandwide Inter- Ops) is in use yet, and if so what PL/DPL does it use? It's posted as DPL 243 on the database here, but I don't know if that was actually confirmed or not.

Thank you.

fireted

Premium Subscriber
from just keying up my radio everything u have is right as far as the islandwide freqs go, but as far as islandwide 3 gose i/ no one is sure what is going to happen with it, there are talks of doing a few things with it or just leaving it as is so you might see it being changed around a bit while people mess with it. has far as i know BL dose not have there own fire ground channle that they use ( they might own one) but i am on the other end of the island so i couldnt tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.