Long Beach PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDigger

Premium Subscriber
Oh, check the baud rates for the port and scanner, make sure both match. 115200 Once you plug in the cable and its showing up then its not a cable issue. If it was a cable issue it would not even show up when plugged in.

Plug in cable, plug in the scanner, run the FW update software, and make sure you choose the BCD396XT in the process. Then go on to the Programming Software phase.

Oh, BTW, did you check to see what version of FW your scanner is running to see if you even need to update it?
FW is 1.08.14 so I need it. I should have thought about baud rate !! me thinks we will have lift off with that one, THANKS AGAIN

SnowDigger

Premium Subscriber
Oh, check the baud rates for the port and scanner, make sure both match. 115200 Once you plug in the cable and its showing up then its not a cable issue. If it was a cable issue it would not even show up when plugged in.

Plug in cable, plug in the scanner, run the FW update software, and make sure you choose the BCD396XT in the process. Then go on to the Programming Software phase.

Oh, BTW, did you check to see what version of FW your scanner is running to see if you even need to update it?
Radio is at 115200 computer 115200 Data Bits 8 Parity NONE stop bits 1 flow control NONE, Download file, click OPEN a window with the file pops up, connect radio and computer, click on folder then click extract popup window select and extract, click browse, a popup shows, click the desktop icon then select folder, it goes back to destination folder and select extract, desktop window pops up, double click on folder, double click on setuo_BC_VUP windows installer, Welcome to BC vup3 setup wizard, click next, installation folder is set at C:\Program Files(x86)\Uniden\BC_VUP3 click next, confirm installation and click next, popup asks to allow, popup says installation is complete with a close button THE END no selection on running anything or selecting my radio Obviously I'm missing something, leaving for work and will get to it next week thank goodness for this is going to be a short week THANKS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.