Long Beach Township Beach Patrol goes MOTOTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
They are uhf walkies and looking at licenses for Long Beach Island the only frequencies I could find that were Mototrbo were Harvey Cedars PD 453.6500 & Beach Haven PD 460.375. Since there is two slot channels in Mototrbo they may be using slot two of one of the police repeaters.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Came across this news clip:

Video | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Looks like LBTBP is using new XPR6350 portables. Not sure of the frequencies yet, not that it matters...

Dave

As a "retired" member of LBTBP this is a great upgrade. I had the luxury of working near base being in Spray Beach and Beach Haven Crest patrols, but on the old 46.000 I know there was certainly gaps in communications for areas like Holgate, North Beach, & Loveladies.

Perhaps with communications routed into the PD it will keep some of the senseless chatter we use to get off the radios. (Perhaps that had changed in the last 15 yrs.

Analogrules

Is it confirmed that 46.000 can no longer be monitored and lifeguards on LBI cannot be monitored at all on any other frequencies anymore? Also, can Beach Haven PD still be monitored as of now? I'm asking because I will be down there in a couple of weeks and would like to know which frequencies I shouldn't even bother programming. Thanks for keeping everyone updated.

BJSCHIEF4900

Premium Subscriber
Moto Turbo

BHPD and HCPD using Moto Turbo for private channels only. Both have primary ops on Long Beach Analog. Long Beach has Moto Turbo also and are using it as private channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.