Long Beach Transit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWHAYS

Long Beach Transit is no longer on 508.5375mhz...anyone have a new frequency?
Thanks.

John n6jwh/wqoj854
Oak Hills/Long Beach

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
No clue, however Long Beach holds dozens of FCC licences, so I suppose they could have switched over to another one.

JWHAYS

What I'll do is program in the reverse...511.5375 and see what happens.
I called Long Beach Transit and asked for the Radio Shop. Some fellow answered and said they send their radios out for repair...he had no idea of the frequency. I was transferred to another person and she started grilling me- I loved it! She said she couldn't give out any info. I knew that going in, but enjoy the bureau BS!!

John

wb6pwj

Long Beach Transit is converting to a Motorola TRBO system. They are using a 471 freq while the new system is being constructed. This is F4 in the HT750s.

I think Advanced services the equipment.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Try PL 156.7.

Its not the strongest repeater (old 508.xxxx would carry further), but I heard what sounded like a mechanical issue on a coach, and also someone "running behind schedule".

If someone else can confirm, I'll get the Db updated.

Last edited:

wb6pwj

They are leasing space on a repeater. It is not in our signal hill building like the 508 stuff.

wb6pwj

When I was at our Signal Hill site last week I noticed that Advanced has completed the Mototrbo install on 508. I did not see any activity in the hour I was there but I assume the changeover is soon.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Sounds like they are back on 508.5375, with MOTOTRBO however.

They also just updated their license WIJ537 with digital voice emission code.

JWHAYS

I listened to 508.5375 on Saturday and knew it was digital. I guess I'll have to settle to listening to aviation, as all these public service entities are going to P25. In my 27 years of scanning, I never knew it would come to this. First it was trunking and now this crap. I refuse to pay the big bucks for the digital scanners, only for them to go to something else.

wb6pwj

I was at our Signal hill repeater site and the transit radio was quite active and we have had a few officers come in and say that they could no longer talk. It looks like they have changed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.