Long Branch Beach Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I was down at Long Branch last weekend with my portable scanner and wasn't able to pick up much on my scanner, other than the PD and marine frequencies. I had my scanner set on "close-call", but although it was Memorial Day weekend, things weren't too active. I was wondering if anyone had frequency information for the Long Branch Lifeguards? Also, has anyone confirmed which frequency the beach badge sellers use at the booths in Long Branch? I saw them with the typical Motorola simplex radios and I'm sure they're using one of the common business channels......just looking for the exact one. Any help would be appreciated.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you know the name of the corporate entity you can look it up in the FCC database if it's not here on RR. If not you can enter "Long Branch NJ" but you'll have a lot of sorting to do.

jaymatt1978

Just some simple advice you might want to put the common business in the last bank of your scanner and see what happens. 99% of othe stuff that's unlicensed are oN those frequencies

Analogrules

Thanks for the feedback guys. I haven't been able to find any info in the FCC database, which wasn't surprising. I'm just surprised I can't even find information for their Lifeguard frequencies anywhere. The only thing I can think of is if someone still has one of those old editions of Police Call, that info may be in there as long as their frequency hasn't changed since. I remember Police Call was always very good at identifying those extra frequencies.

jaymatt1978

I just thought of something and admittedly I don't know if this works but if Long Branch is a state beach, then it's run by the state DEP so I would try 159.4650 and 159.300.

cx4storm

Premium Subscriber
Long Branch Frequencies

I did just what you suggested with a Police Call I have from 2005 (not that old). I checked the Beyond Police Call section, and found 5 frequencies for Long Branch that are not posted here on RR.

151.8650 BM
151.9850 BM
154.5150 BM
154.5700 M
160.1550 BM

Hope this helps

Kevin
Formerly 69-1-32 MCPR

DJ88

I did just what you suggested with a Police Call I have from 2005 (not that old). I checked the Beyond Police Call section, and found 5 frequencies for Long Branch that are not posted here on RR.

151.8650 BM
151.9850 BM
154.5150 BM
154.5700 M
160.1550 BM

Hope this helps

Kevin
Formerly 69-1-32 MCPR

Those frequencies are licensed to the Long Branch Board of Education, per the FCC Database.

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber
the cashiers/badgecheckers seem to be using public works freq

453.35000 458.35000 WNFV712 RM 131.8 PL Public Works FM

Analogrules

Wow, that's odd they would share the same frequency. Next time I'm down there, I'll monitor 453.350 and see what I hear. Thanks for the help. I'll also post if I'm able to confirm the actual Lifeguard frequency.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Long Branch Beach is not a State beach, it's owned and run by the City of Long Branch; so I don't think the DEP freq's would be in the radios. Since the DPW is a "Mon - Fri business," and since most of the LG activity would occur on weekends, I'd think why not make use of the DPW repeater freq. That way, when the sh*t hits the fan, the Lifeguards can reach PD headquarters in a second and have whatever they need "in a heartbeat." Don't forget too, the other PD repeater channel in narrowband mode that I confirmed some time back in testing mode. I'm would think are other simplex freq's used too. Hmm, something for me to... "stalk."

Analogrules

The Lifeguard frequencies would be active EVERY day until Labor Day, not just on the weekends. If the Lifeguards share a frequency with another agency, the only one that comes to mind would possibly be their First Aid Frequency. I'll have to check that one too next time I'm down there. I don't plan on going back there for at least another couple of weeks though. Again, it's hard to understand how they can share it with the DPW frequency UNLESS DPW down there mostly use their cell phones to communicate or they use two separate PLs. Keep in mind, these beach operations are active EVERY DAY, not just the weekends.

Tech792

I'd be surprised also if they were using the UHF DPW freq. Last I knew, the repeater was at the DPW bldg on Joline Ave far inland away from the beach. And it was on a small tower. I doubt the HTs would reach it that well. Unless of course the repeater has since been moved.

DJ88

I can confirm that they use the DPW frequency. I was up that way yesterday and locked on the frequency for a while and heard them from a couple of the beaches.

Analogrules

Thanks for the confirmation on that DJ. However, I am still shocked they would share the same channel as DPW. Did you happen to hear any DPW traffic on that frequency also while you were down there or JUST the beach badge cashiers? It is possible DPW simply uses cell phones to communicate the way Roselle Park seems to do now.

DJ88

N2ZGE....no DPW traffic. I was there yesterday, Sunday. DPW wasn't working, I would assume. TECH....They were using the DPW PL, 131.8.

Analogrules

Long Branch checkers on 453.350, Pt. Pleasant on 153.200

I passed by over the weekend and close-called 453.350 MHz. I can now also confirm that's the frequency the beach badge checkers are actively using in Long Branch. However, I'm still looking for their Lifeguard frequencies.

BTW, I was at Pt. Pleasant Beach yesterday and found THEIR badge checkers using 153.200 MHz. I just couldn't believe how rude the supervisers are towards their teenage badge checkers down there. They're constantly yelling at them and barking commands at them. If anyone's ever down that way, give them a listen. You may be surprised as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.