long branch <monmouth county> police

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

the long branch police dept. <monmouth county> will apparently be moving communication's to the county trs, within a very short time frame. rumor has it, that dispatch will still be from within the pd, covered by lbpd dispatcher's. the talkgroup/s will be encrypted.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
That sucks. We've lost almost all our police departments here in Ocean County to encryption, and it appears slowly all of Monmouth county is going that way too. Very sad.

Tech792

And you can add Hazlet PD going P25 encrypted very soon on their own UHF channels. Neptune fire is rumored to be going to the county 700 system. And Atlantic Highlands PD will be moving to TRBO soon on their current VHF channel. Unknown if it will be encrypted. (My guess is it will be).

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
i need to find another hobby. I was planning to move to Long Branch... and really have enjoyed many years of this hobby, until now.. oh well. It is really a shame they find the need to hide all comms. Up here in somerset county, we have been lucky, the police depts see no need to hide their dispatch comms.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Last rumor I heard was that LBPD was going to move to NJICS and host a site for the state... I wasn't aware that the County was even going to allow towns to use their system without being dispatched by them.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
LBPD will be switching, however, it will still be a while. The equipment has not been installed yet. As much as I'm not a fan of it, It does make sense for them, better coverage, and ALL of their surrounding towns are on either the county TRS or UHF encrypted.

scannersnstuff

i was not told njics, i was told mc 700. but, i am Not in the loop. JMR, if they do indeed go njics, that will eliminate them communicating with the town's on the county trs, and/or uhf encrypted. unless they have permission <?> . and matching equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShoreBullets

And you can add Hazlet PD going P25 encrypted very soon on their own UHF channels. Neptune fire is rumored to be going to the county 700 system. And Atlantic Highlands PD will be moving to TRBO soon on their current VHF channel. Unknown if it will be encrypted. (My guess is it will be).

All Monmouth County dispatched agencies are going over to the 700 system, so yes Neptune Fire, Neptune EMS ect will all be going over to the system. I suspect by November 8

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
On August 24, county freeholders passed resolution #2016-0808 authorizing the purchase of $1,174,382.32 worth of radios from PMC Associates in Hazlet earmarked as "EMS portable radios" for the Sheriff's Office, Communications Division.

PMC sells Tait Phase 2 radios. At roughly $3,000 per portable it looks like the county is buying around 400 portables for EMS alone.

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
So now that fire and ems agencies are slated to go live on the Monmouth County system, I wonder if they are going to operate in the clear. That is the million dollar question.

squad1321

The County funding is just for EMS units dispatched by MC. Almost all the fire services fought not to go 700, which is why they spent the money setting up the (3) geographic areas for paging and response. Plus, both the fire and EMS services want their own channels, so they stop stepping all over each other. Neptune Fire may be a one-off (for now)???

scannersnstuff

i just wanted to clarify my response to shorebullets. yes, it's possible. i'm not in the loop. but, i don't think that it's possible within the stated time frame.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
Hazlet will be upgrading to TAIT radios both hand held and base/mobile. They intend on being P25 but encryption is not a go yet as far as full time. there may be a tac channel added for encryption.

scannersnstuff

long branch is apparently working toward's the njcs system. this will be a shared system. any talkgroup's will be encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.