Long Branch, NJ: Man Dies After Tower Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
From my understanding the jump was recorded on a cell phone camera and posted on Youtube. I have not and will not watch it but maybe it will help authorities with their investigation.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
KD2DXF said:
My question is, why did no one call for police/fire...after an hour you would think that something is wrong and the guy needs help.

Mostly cause no one gives a damn about anyone anymore and its sad.........

Poor guy :(

djewel6

Exactly my point.

Your taxes pay for responses. FF and LEOs are put in dangerous spots all the time, doesn't mean the family should have to pay for it. We can't pick and choose our calls. A call for service is a call for service.

In AZ there is a law known as the "Dumb Motorist Law" which literally will cause the idiot driver to be sent a bill if they end up putting themselves and others in danger by doing such things as driving into flooded roads/washes.. I think its a great idea.. You did something stupid you need to pay the consequences of your actions when public safety has to come rescue your rear-end..

Arizona's "Stupid Motorist Law"
"28-910. Liability for emergency responses in flood areas; definitions"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. A driver of a vehicle who drives the vehicle on a public street or highway that is temporarily covered by a rise in water level, including groundwater or overflow of water, and that is barricaded because of flooding is liable for the expenses of any emergency response that is required to remove from the public street or highway the driver or any passenger in the vehicle that becomes inoperable on the public street or highway or the vehicle that becomes inoperable on the public street or highway, or both.

B. A person convicted of violating section 28-693 for driving a vehicle into any area that is temporarily covered by a rise in water level, including groundwater or overflow of water, may be liable for expenses of any emergency response that is required to remove from the area the driver or any passenger in the vehicle that becomes inoperable in the area or the vehicle that becomes inoperable in the area, or both.

C. The expenses of an emergency response are a charge against the person liable for those expenses pursuant to subsection A or B of this section. The charge constitutes a debt of that person and may be collected proportionately by the public agencies, for-profit entities or not-for-profit entities that incurred the expenses. The person's liability for the expenses of an emergency response shall not exceed two thousand dollars for a single incident. The liability imposed under this section is in addition to and not in limitation of any other liability that may be imposed.

D. An insurance policy may exclude coverage for a person's liability for expenses of an emergency response under this section.

E. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Expenses of an emergency response" means reasonable costs directly incurred by public agencies, for-profit entities or not-for-profit entities that make an appropriate emergency response to an incident.
2. "Public agency" means this state and any city, county, municipal corporation, district or other public authority that is located in whole or in part in this state and that provides police, fire fighting, medical or other emergency services.
3. "Reasonable costs" includes the costs of providing police, fire fighting, rescue and emergency medical services at the scene of an incident and the salaries of the persons who respond to the incident but does not include charges assessed by an ambulance service that is regulated pursuant to title 36, chapter 21.1, article 2

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
In AZ there is a law known as the "Dumb Motorist Law" which literally will cause the idiot driver to be sent a bill if they end up putting themselves and others in danger by doing such things as driving into flooded roads/washes.. I think its a great idea.. You did something stupid you need to pay the consequences of your actions when public safety has to come rescue your rear-end..

Arizona's "Stupid Motorist Law"
"28-910. Liability for emergency responses in flood areas; definitions"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. A driver of a vehicle who drives the vehicle on a public street or highway that is temporarily covered by a rise in water level, including groundwater or overflow of water, and that is barricaded because of flooding is liable for the expenses of any emergency response that is required to remove from the public street or highway the driver or any passenger in the vehicle that becomes inoperable on the public street or highway or the vehicle that becomes inoperable on the public street or highway, or both.

B. A person convicted of violating section 28-693 for driving a vehicle into any area that is temporarily covered by a rise in water level, including groundwater or overflow of water, may be liable for expenses of any emergency response that is required to remove from the area the driver or any passenger in the vehicle that becomes inoperable in the area or the vehicle that becomes inoperable in the area, or both.

C. The expenses of an emergency response are a charge against the person liable for those expenses pursuant to subsection A or B of this section. The charge constitutes a debt of that person and may be collected proportionately by the public agencies, for-profit entities or not-for-profit entities that incurred the expenses. The person's liability for the expenses of an emergency response shall not exceed two thousand dollars for a single incident. The liability imposed under this section is in addition to and not in limitation of any other liability that may be imposed.

D. An insurance policy may exclude coverage for a person's liability for expenses of an emergency response under this section.

E. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Expenses of an emergency response" means reasonable costs directly incurred by public agencies, for-profit entities or not-for-profit entities that make an appropriate emergency response to an incident.
2. "Public agency" means this state and any city, county, municipal corporation, district or other public authority that is located in whole or in part in this state and that provides police, fire fighting, medical or other emergency services.
3. "Reasonable costs" includes the costs of providing police, fire fighting, rescue and emergency medical services at the scene of an incident and the salaries of the persons who respond to the incident but does not include charges assessed by an ambulance service that is regulated pursuant to title 36, chapter 21.1, article 2

I wonder when they will do a similar law in my neck of the woods. I was rear ended twice and sideswiped once. Once rear ended in my Toyota Tundra, and once in my Ford Explorer. Then again I was side swiped in my explorer. The guy that side swiped my explorer hit the left rear corner panel of my truck and just kept going all the way down to the left front corner panel. He never stopped once the collision was initiated, he continued all the way down my truck. Rear ended at the Library. Rear ended not far from the hospital . And side swiped not far from where I go to the gym. And I highly suspect an individual nears dad's garage on his farm of shooting my Ford F- 150 with a pellet gun .

The "Dumb " law should allow for compensation when acts are malicious and acted out in a criminal fashion.

FF - Medic !!!!!

ff-medic

Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Mostly cause no one gives a damn about anyone anymore and its sad.........

Poor guy :(

I donate money. I support the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts. Just today I donated $10.00 to the Local VFW, and $ 5.00 to 4 H. I buy those "Cards " ( $ 1.00 x 5 cards. ) all the time at convenience stores. Cancer awareness , veterans , " Jerry's kids " and a host of others. I estimate I donate a little over $ 1,000 a year.

How it is in this world that some people only think of themselves, I will never understand . I have seen people in " shock " before after an incident , but not a shock that lasted for an hour.

I do my best to help others, but that does not mean I let myself get abused or " ran over " in the process.

FF - Medic !!!!

balibago

Banned
It could be he climbed the tower because he wanted to adjust an antenna or something because his P25 reception was so bad on his scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.