Long Hill Township FIre Department-Fireground Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
Hello, Long Hill Township is located in Morris County, however the Police, Fire and Ambulance services are currently dispatched on VHF High band by Bernards Township PD in Somerset county. In the next few weeks the Ambulance and Fire will be switching to Morris Counties MIRS system as well as Long Hill Township PD. Bernards Township Police are going to remain with Somerset county and switch to their 500 mhz trunking system. So my current question is, What is the Fireground frequency being used by Long Hill Township Fire Departments? Stirling and Millington when they are on scene. I have found several answers from various post on this site and elsewhere but none of them seem to work. I have tried, 155.595, 154.010, even 150.805 which is the input to the Repeated Dispatch frequency currently in use of 154.415. Spoke to a few members and they didn't know. Any assistance before the major switch to the digital talk groups would be appreciated. Liberty Corner FG, Basking Ridge FG, etc. FOr a fact LHFD is not using UHF currently at this time. Someone hinted to me that it might be 158.xxx. Thanks in advance guys!!!

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
154.175 unless something has changed. Was working last night when they had a working structure fire.

Last edited:

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
Long Hill Fire Ground-Thank You Need DPL or CTCSS

154.175 Thank you. Can we determine if it is repeated or simplex. If so, input of repeater frequency, any dpl or ctcss on the receive frequency of 154.175. Don't really feel like hearing the rest of NJ or NY when scanning if possible. Thanks so much in advance.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
154.175 Thank you. Can we determine if it is repeated or simplex. If so, input of repeater frequency, any dpl or ctcss on the receive frequency of 154.175. Don't really feel like hearing the rest of NJ or NY when scanning if possible. Thanks so much in advance.

I think it's simplex, but I could be wrong. I was using a yagi with good elevation so I couldn't give you a real fair idea of estimated power or that.

unioner101

Long Hill's Fireground is UHF...try 470.3500 146.2 pl.

Also, Bernards Twp. is going to be simulcasting Somerset Cty. PD North on their current VHF system. They are not buying any trunked radios. This could be partly because of rumor that Somerset Cty. is pushing towards a 700 mhz.

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
Thanks guys, the 154.175 did it have a dpl or ctcss code associated with it when you were listening?

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
470.350 is in operation, but all they are using 154.415 currently VHF, the LHPD, EMS and FD were using a UHF system before they lost there dispatchers and the town went over to Bernards Twp. So everyone uses VHF portables currently. As of March 26th, LHPD and EMS wilol be swithcing over to the Morris County MIRS system and LHFAS will be dispatched by the county on 476.287 simulcast analog. I heard that LHPD will be on the system but encrypted. Bernards police like Unioner101 states they are remaining on VHF. We will just have to see.

emtnj437

Deactivated
Banned
Cencom at Overlook Hospital is only in operation for another month rumor has it. Monac Dispatch will be taking over, unknown if they will be dispatching on the 155.355 frequency and 155.265 VHF or convert everyone over to the Monac North 451 mhz UHF frequency? Any input or ideas?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Cencom at Overlook Hospital is only in operation for another month rumor has it. Monac Dispatch will be taking over, unknown if they will be dispatching on the 155.355 frequency and 155.265 VHF or convert everyone over to the Monac North 451 mhz UHF frequency? Any input or ideas?

There is no rumor. Cencom is done. Operations are currently scheduled to cease on April 15th, subject to change. Monoc purchased a majority of the contracts. Some however, are choosing to either change back to their local PD for dispatch, or go to Union or Middlesex County dispatch.

AFAIK, everything that Monoc got to keep will be dispatched on Monoc North. And Monoc 2 Medevac will be dispatched in the same manner as Monoc 1. Still not sure whether they bought Atlantic AirOne or AirTwo.

Last edited:

radiomanNJ1

Well UHF only has about 10 years left anyway. 700 stuff will be coming out more and more

Long Hill's Fireground is UHF...try 470.3500 146.2 pl.

Also, Bernards Twp. is going to be simulcasting Somerset Cty. PD North on their current VHF system. They are not buying any trunked radios. This could be partly because of rumor that Somerset Cty. is pushing towards a 700 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.