Long Hill Twp. Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
The Long Hill Township Police Department will be transferring their emergency police, fire and first aid dispatch services to the Morris County Communication Center on Monday. All 911 emergency calls will be received and dispatched by the county communication center.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'm hearing rumors that they won't actually be going to the TRS - something along the lines of a bi-directional patch between their VHF & PD NORTH on the TRS (but I have no idea how true that rumor is).

Sam711

Patch

They will be patched in (as a temporary fix) to the County system via the VHF system currently in place. I believe this is because the County is not quite ready for Bernards but taking them anyway due to some pressures from the Bernards administration.

Sybex7254

The Long Hill Township Police Department will be transferring their emergency police, fire and first aid dispatch services to the Morris County Communication Center on Monday. All 911 emergency calls will be received and dispatched by the county communication center.

Using MUN PD 4 - 30-xx cars

SCPD

QRT
Talkgroups

Does anyone know what EMS And Fire Talkgroup their using, so I can submit it?

Thanks

W2SJW

Database Admin
Something tells me it might be FD-5 & EMS-2, but I'll keep my ears open (I hardly ever monitor anything but the Somerset P25 site these days).

I heard the FD chief's confirming pager tests today, but I was listening on the TRS-to-VHF patch, and couldn't tell the TGID...

SCPD

QRT
Something tells me it might be FD-5 & EMS-2, but I'll keep my ears open (I hardly ever monitor anything but the Somerset P25 site these days).

I heard the FD chief's confirming pager tests today, but I was listening on the TRS-to-VHF patch, and couldn't tell the TGID...

That makes sense, since the towns that use PD 4 are using the FD 5 and EMS 2. I have been listening all day but I haven't heard an EMS or Fire call go out yet.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
EMS 2 is getting crowded....Roxbury, Wharton, Mine Hill, Mt. Arlington, Netcong, Boonton-Kiwanis, Chatham, Dover, New Vernon and now Long Hill possibly. EMS 3 has Morristown and Minutemen only. I think some reallocating should take place. I think more towards the line up with FIRE would work better.

PD is pretty good. Although I would remove Morris Plains from POLICE 4 and put them on 5 with Morristown and Morris Twp. I would think if any one of them needed assistance, they are each others closest back up yet on different channels. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Morris Plains PD been bumped around right from the start. I agree with e911god that MPPD should be on Mun PD 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.