Long Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It would be smart for Morristown to switch over, since they haven't seen fit to renew their license in over 10 years.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
So, here is the list from what we are hearing...

Roxbury Twp in September
Long Hill Twp in January
Morris Twp in April
Morristown (within next 12 months)
Chatham Twp (unknown)
Chatham Boro (unknown)

Anyone else...

I could see Morristown, Morris Twp and Morris Plains going on the same talkgroup (maybe with Boonton Twp and Mt Lakes).
Chatham Twp and Boro, Harding and Long Hill on another (maybe with the Mendhams and Chester)
Roxbury would probably go over to with Wharton, Rockaway Boro, Mt Arlington, Netcong...

Just a guess...

Last edited by a moderator:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I received a few PM's, so I thought I'd post an answer to one of the questions I received:

Unit numbers are based on the agency's ORI. For example, Morris Plains is NJ0142300. 14 is the County number. So 23 is the agency ID that is used in CAD. If the ORI is a zero ORI like Boonton Township (NJ0140200), the change the zero to a four, and they become 42 cars vs. 2 cars. The reason for the four is the last ORI for the County is 39 (Wharton), and it's easier to say and understand on the radio.

Anyway, based upon this numbering system...the confirmed agencies switching over to the County should be as follows:

Roxbury Twp in September (36 cars)
Long Hill Twp in January (30 cars)
Morris Twp in April (22 cars)
Morristown (within next 12 months) (24 cars)
Chatham Twp (unknown) (45 cars)
Chatham Boro (unknown (44 cars)

Additionally, there are 6 MUN POLICE talkgroups. Currently, only 1 and 2 are being used. I'm told that as the County takes on more agencies, the talkgroups will change and split between 4 regions of the County, with the remaining two talkgroups being "overflow" for tactical or prolonged incidents so as not to tie up the main channel. Like I said, this is only as possibility at this time:

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Roxbury has not moved to the TRS yet. A problem with something or another, according to a Mt. Arlington Police Officer, who I spoke with today.

RocketNJ

I guess they signed a contract finally. At the time of your original posting there was no contract in place. Until a contract is in place it is just talk....

Status
Not open for further replies.