Long Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam711

Long Hill is apparently going to the Morris County dispatch on or around January 1st. Does anyone know the details. Will they be in a talkgroup with others? They are not happy with Bernardsville who dispatches them currently. Are they going to get better service with Morris County?

npd155

Long Hill is apparently going to the Morris County dispatch on or around January 1st. Does anyone know the details. Will they be in a talkgroup with others? They are not happy with Bernardsville who dispatches them currently. Are they going to get better service with Morris County?

Its Bernards Township that dispatches them not Bernardsville. They have no problem with Bernards Township. They want to save money and the county told them there would be no charge for 2 years so Long hill is going to contract with them. They are saving about 300,000 from what im told. In 2 years the county is most likely going to tell them they have to pay. They will continue to use the same freq.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, hold on a sec - I highly doubt that they would go with county dispatch & still use Bernards's VHF channels. Is it more probable that they will return to their UHF-T channels?

Sam711

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have a timeframe on this? Is it in fact January 1st?

npd155

OK, hold on a sec - I highly doubt that they would go with county dispatch & still use Bernards's VHF channels. Is it more probable that they will return to their UHF-T channels?

Relax. Thats what the tentitive plan is right now. Could things change? Of course... this is New Jersey. I just posted the facts right from the department.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
They will be on the UHF trunked system 1/1/2011 and dispatched by the County. Morris Twp is also switching to the County in April.

Sometimes officers in the department have no idea when it comes to communications. I've found that to be true a good portion of the time. My contact in a little more in the know.

There is also plans of realigning the MUN PD talkgroups. Right now they are using 2 of 6 for dispatch. The plan, as I'm told but not confirmed, is that they will be spliting them based on the 4 regions of the County once more departments come online. The other 2 talkgroups will be for larger incidents to move off the main channel.

You can find the regions here: http://www.morrisoem.org/blogs/training_group.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam711

So, wait. Whats not correct about e911god's post? I was asking about the date. 1/1/2011? Or is it the technical stuff you are disagreeing with? Or the officer bashing part? lol

Sam711

And also does someone have a link? Or know where I can see this in writing directly from Bernards, Long Hill or Morris County? Thanks.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
npd155...I think the "relax" to W2SJW and the "your retarded" comment in your post (which was deleted by a moderator) to me makes YOU look like the unprofessional one.

I guess since you have a whopping 32 posts linked to your screenname and you talked to a comm supervisor, you know more than I do. I'd say my contact is "just a little bit" higher up the food chain and I'll leave it at that. If you took the time to review some of my previous posts, you would see that I have access to alot of information before it comes out to the general public and I have no problem sharing that with members on this board.

And if you think my comment is dumb, then so be it. But I stand behind what I said..."Sometimes officers in the department have no idea when it comes to communications. I've found that to be true a good portion of the time."

Thank you to the Moderator that took care of that.

And Sam711...how is my quote "Officer bashing?" I've been a LEO for many years and seen it first hand over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam711

I was being sarcastic, i apologize. I happen to agree with you that most of the time officers don't know what is going on with communications and often don't care. Were on the same page, i just said it wrong. Thanks for all the info.

npd155

npd155...I think the "relax" to W2SJW and the "your retarded" comment in your post (which was deleted by a moderator) to me makes YOU look like the unprofessional one.

I guess since you have a whopping 32 posts linked to your screenname and you talked to a comm supervisor, you know more than I do. I'd say my contact is "just a little bit" higher up the food chain and I'll leave it at that. If you took the time to review some of my previous posts, you would see that I have access to alot of information before it comes out to the general public and I have no problem sharing that with members on this board.

And if you think my comment is dumb, then so be it. But I stand behind what I said..."Sometimes officers in the department have no idea when it comes to communications. I've found that to be true a good portion of the time."

Thank you to the Moderator that took care of that.

And Sam711...how is my quote "Officer bashing?" I've been a LEO for many years and seen it first hand over and over again.

I will clear the air. check your inbox.

Last edited:

RatRadio

Premium Subscriber
County Dispatch

Looks like Chatham Township finally decided to go with the County also instead of paying big $$$ to upgrade their PSAP. That would complete a possible talkgroup...Chatham Boro, Chatham Township, Harding and Long Hill.

luc1med

Chatham Twp is attempting to prolong consolidarion by transferring 9-1-1 service to the County next year. Chatham Borough is the one that is planned for full consolidation. Additionally, it is reported that Long Hill, BOTH Chatham's, and Harding will eventually be on one talk group. I personally expect with Morristown and Morris Twp also going over that it is inevitable that the Morris County Comm Center will eventually consolidate with success most of the county with the exception of the Northern tier and few select large towns. The reason people are jumping on board is the narrowbanding requirement, and verizon charging large 911 service fee's due to technological advances. Morris County is offering automatic vehicle location/GPS and all of this essentially free for service once everyone is signed on and the bonds are covered.

SCPD

QRT
Not to hijack this thread, is Roxbury still switching over to County this September? as stated in another thread that I can't find. Thanks.

Last edited:

radiomanNJ1

It must be April 1st. People in NJ don't want to have interoperability. Oh wait they have run out of money and the taxpayers are screaming and now they have to save money. That is the only reason.

RocketNJ

It's the "I want my own Kingdom" syndrome.

Northern NJ is one of the few areas of the country that has strayed away from regional dispatch (anyone remember County Radio years ago?).

But as RadioMan stated, it is all about dollars and cents now. If money were no object you wouldn't see as many towns coming over to Morris County for dispatch.

SCPD

QRT
Morris County Police Radio. They dispatched for quite a few dept's in Morris and Somerset Counties. The old days. KEC-223.

Status
Not open for further replies.