Long-Time Comms 1kHz Off 4724kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

I've seen this before. For the last hour, some Asian males have been transmitting a 3-way conversation on 4725kHz. I've always wondered if this is wrong, to carry on like this only 1kHz off of a designated HF-GCS frequency. I'm here on the west coast so I know I may be getting strong copy on maybe some boats over in the Asian Pacific. If the Air Force got copy on these guys would they shoo them off? These guys are strong.
Maybe USAF is off for the night? J/K but this seems so egregious to me.

majoco

Stirrer
They pop up all over the place. A few nights ago there was a guy talking on what sounded like a phone patch to a woman right next to 5643kHz which is the evening/night frequency for our SP6 HF aero. Almost sounded like a squabble for a while - they went on for a good 20minutes! They all seem to use USB so perhaps they are using modified ham rigs. IMHO I think they are the Korean squid boats that come down here - talking to a pilot friend he said that in the evening the seas to the east of NZ are lit up with those bright lights they hang over the side to attract the squid to the surface - sometime a blown lamp will wash up on the beach.

ridgescan

Thanks Martin-yeah like I said I have seen this a good few times too. I'm sure they'd scare 'em off if these guys were actually on frequency but I always wondered why they don't bother when they're that close-it's basically the same interfering thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.