Longmont DTRS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerfmon

Hi all, any recent rumors on when Longmont Is going to switch to DTRS? The Sunset repeater has been operational for a few months now, but the only local traffic I've heard through it is Mountain View Fire...and that's mostly been administrative and chit-chat traffic.

A heard a rumor a few months ago that the Longmont switch wouldn't happen until after the first of the year, due to budget constraints. Yet the city just bought 190 acres of open space for 8 MILLION dollars. Seems a new communication system for public safety would be bit more important? Heck, for 8 million dollars they could have hired a few more police officers to keep the local gang problem under control!

Jerry, KD0GS
Longmont, CO

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
My guess is that there's no rush for now. Their VHF system is working fine, so maybe they are taking their time to ensure everything is operating as they anticipate before making a cutover.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
What # is the Sunset DTRS site and has it been logged and added to the DB?

Jim<

BOWLERPBA

Longmont

It kinds of gives city employees a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing the kingpins of the city spend that kind of $$ for open space, yet we have to take 4 days off w/o pay to "ease the budget". Same kind of B.S. happened here to us in Lovetown.
Mark

fireemt55

Premium Subscriber
Mtn View

Heard a rumor the other day that there will be some changes with Mtn View FPD's dispatch provider starting next year. Probably won't be Longmont from what I've heard. Not sure how that would affect Longmont's progress towards DTRS, but just a little tidbit just in case. :)

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Heard a rumor the other day that there will be some changes with Mtn View FPD's dispatch provider starting next year. Probably won't be Longmont from what I've heard. Not sure how that would affect Longmont's progress towards DTRS, but just a little tidbit just in case. :)

I'm sure that won't affect Longmont's progress. It would be interesting why they would switch, currently they're dispatched by two counties ( Weld and Boulder ) and the area they cover is so large I'd think they'd want to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.