Longmont Feed Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

marekjjones

All -

My spare laptop had a long overdue death, so unfortunately I will no longer be able to provide this service. Sorry about that. Hopefully you enjoyed the feed while it was up.

I'm hoping someone has an extra scanner and laptop so they can take up the feed.

Best wishes,

Marek

nathancarlson

I have been looking into hosting the feed. I need to learn more about it. I tried downloading the software, but it looks like you have to get your feed approved before logging in to test it. Is there a way to test things out? I want to make sure it will work before I commit. I also would likely use the pro-95 scanner that I loaned to Marek, or my pro-96. The problem is, when I run the 96 side by side with my Pro-106, I don't get much digital traffic from the 800 sites (Mead, Bald North) I think because they are using a 700 mhz voice channel, so it would probably have to be the conventional scanner to provide a constant feed. I cant part with my 106 to have it dedicated to the feed even though from looking at the software it would work the best (for alpha tags, and with 700 mhz trunking capabilities). I am not in a position to buy another scanner at this time. I really wish I could, as I would like to try out the uniden 396xt and dedicate my 106 to a feed, but dont really have the funding for it. Plus, my next radio purchase will likely be a mobile ham radio because my HT is really limiting me in the ham hobby. So I am considering it, but if anybody else wants to jump in, feel free! If not, I will continue working to figure out the best solution.

I would also like input about if it would be worth it to add Longmont Fire? I would only have one scanner on a mono feed, and would set the Police as priority, so it would miss a lot of fire traffic. Would it be worth it to do this, or is it best to set up a stero feed? I only have one audio input on the computer, so I am not sure I would be able to hook two scanners up, and if I did, I may be able to run a stereo feed with PD on conventional scanner and Fire on the pro-96 since they are DTRS only (if they happen to hit enough on 800 mhz I will keep an eye on it).

Again, if anybody is able to step up, please let us know or I will do my best to become a feed provider but I am very limited because of the reasons listed above.

Thanks!

Oinos

I could probably help out if needed. I have all the gear to do it sitting in a box in the closet. Only problem is that I'll be moving in the next few months (no timeline set yet) and the stream would experience some downtime while that happened.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Don't have any 700MHz-capable DTRS gear here to spare, and all three 'local' sites are running either goofy hybrid 700/800MHz (Mead) or straight 700MHz (Longmont and Gunbarrel), so it would be on analog - which Longmont kindly continues to support for whatever reason.

Does anyone have any idea just how long Longmont plans to continue simulcast on its old VHF analog frequencies?

Oinos

Alright. I dug out my gear and have it setup. I submitted my feed application last night, was approved this morning, and am now streaming Longmont police and fire.

I have the four channels that don't use the words 'tactical', 'swat', or 'detective' in their description plugged into my 996XT. Looks like PD-1 and FD-1 are the most frequently used.

I'm new to the state so let me know if I should be including additional channels or removing some.

Oh, I'm using the talk groups and not the VHF analog freqs. Someone mentioned in a different thread that using the Longmont, Mead, and Bald North control channels would provide the best coverage in the area so I'm currently using all three. I'm stationary in Longmont, though, so I suspect the Longmont control channel would give me everything I need. I'm open to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.