Longmont Pridemark AmbServ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
About 3-4 months ago I helped a newbie scannist set up his PSR700 & 800 scanners and among the things loaded were the 4 freqs for Pridemark. Wednesday afternoon I received a significantly more than slightly worried call wondering why he wasn't able to receive any calls by them. I *did* ask him if he'd ever tried monitoring them since he first got his scanners and said he hadn't but, he *really* needed to do so at that particular time. Since then I have been monitoring them myself and haven't heard nary a peep out of them. While I *do* have them programmed into my scanners it has been quite some time that *I* have actually tried listening. It has, for various reasons, also been quite a while since I have been in Longmont. On the few times that I have been `in town' I never really tried monitoring them. (I have always figured that if I had some possible reason to monitor them I would just bring up the V-Scanner that still had them for that particular `trip' and then re-installed the V-Scanner I `normally' have as my `default' after leaving. [If I figure that a particular configuration I have `developed' has some frequencies or systems and TGs that I may have reason(s) to make changes to at some future date I make 2 VScanners of it and make certain that their descriptions contain a note as to which is the `primary' VS `secondary'.] Gotta love the fact that GRE has finally made it such that one can have *almost* un-limited VScanners in the PSR-700/800 scanners!)

Has Longmont given them the `heave-ho', and *nope* `heave-ho' is *not* what one does after going to sea and having eaten too much `ho', and gone with another ambulance service? If so, who have they decided to grace with their `service calls'?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
It's AMR in Boulder, Boulder County and Longmont these days not Pridemark.

Jim<

nathancarlson

Longmont Fire dispatches its dedicated ambulances (AMR but they all say "Longmont Paramedics" on the units. They also get help from other AMR ambulances from out of town when they don't have enough units in service. They are toned on conventional 154.175 and DTRS but then all voice traffic is only heard on TG 9522, Longmont United Hospital is tg 72, and you will hear all the patient reports from the ambulances on there.

You may also want to check the thread about Boulder switching ambulance companies, if you are interested in Boulder. Unless you want the administration and car to car channels, you will hear them dispatched on the Boulder City Fire and Boulder County Red channel. I put AMR's LTR system in my scanner but have it locked out since most of the action is on the fire channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.