Longmont Shooting as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathancarlson

At aprox 21:30 hours, a person in a vehicle shot another person with a shot gun, possibly from a vehicle in an aprartment complex in east Longmont. The victim is currently being transported to Longmont United (at 21:45) Emergent with pellet wounds to neck and arm- injuries from the shotgun. They have suspect vehicle information and are currenty looking for the vehicle.

nathancarlson

Thanks for the article, Jim! I wish I had stayed up a little later to hear the rest of the operation! It was very exciting! They were using two of the three law channels for those operations and it was very interesting to listen two. Thats the first time I have ever heard of them doing that. Maybe when Longmont goes to DTRS they will have additional talk groups for operations like that. It still makes me wonder what they will do as far as getting help from the Sheriffs Dept. They are staying on the old system. Do you think the "Longmont area" cars will be equiped with the new radios so they can continue to offer the support they do or will they have a patch, or what? I know people have said mutual aid channels, but BSO will often come in and handle normal calls for service when all the Longmont units are tied up on a major incident. I don't see them dispatching calls for service on a MAC. Sorry to go off topic it just got me thinking....

jfab

You'd think it would make more sense for Longmont to keep/reprogram their existing VHF radios to keep in contact with county. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

kib669

You'd think it would make more sense for Longmont to keep/reprogram their existing VHF radios to keep in contact with county. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

If they are going to continue to maintain their VHF radios, they should just stay there. And they could have saved us a lot of tax dollars and still been compatable with the agencies they inter-operate with 90% of the time.

kc0kp

If they are going to continue to maintain their VHF radios, they should just stay there. And they could have saved us a lot of tax dollars and still been compatable with the agencies they inter-operate with 90% of the time.

They can only maintain the VHF radios that are narrow band capable. Boulder is moving and all systems will be mandated narrow band in 2012. This has been in the works for years and many systems stopped buying new equipment years ago in anticipation. You should compliment them on saving the taxpayers money by not buying new radios if they intended to move before 2012. I don't beleive the state is going to narrow band their VHF and will just abandon it. It will be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.