• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Look at this gem

Status
Not open for further replies.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
I'm not knocking the seller at all, but will anyone buy an APX 7k for the price he is asking. Seems way to high.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I bet someone will buy it.
Based on what I've sold old amateur radio gear for on e-Bay, someone will decide that just gotta have it right now and it'll sell.
Then said owner will probably show up on here trying to figure out how to get rid of the ASK and set it up for NAS on a UHF Phase 2 system with AES256 and talk on the 900MHz DMR repeater, as well as want to know what the "license free" channels are they can use on 800MHz.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
10 grand for a decade old, soon to be off support (December 2023) radio for more than new price for a fully loaded from MSI APX8000. What a deal!
We just got one back from the depot unrepaired along with a letter stating that EOL has already occurred. I can check the exact wording when I get back to work but we certainly didn't pay that much for it when new!

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
The responses here are great. I figured you all would love my little Ebay find.

I just can see 10K for an APX7K. You could buy a 8K or XL200P for less brand new.

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Also, looks like they've got some pretty competitive pricing on TRBO stuff, if DMR is your thing:

Luxury prices for Luxury Transceivers, gang! Great resource for Ferrari-mobile operation, the paddock, the Pigeon's Perch, or USCG cosplaying.

iowajm780

Wow!. That is a steal. The last 6000 I was looking at was listed at $150,000. It's my lucky day for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.