Look For a Car Mount/Holder for a BR330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerri

I am looking for a car mount/holder for my BR330T (for an Acura TL). Whether it is a mount for the dash or cup holders or something I can't think of, I would be open to the idea to see what I can make work. Maybe if you have a BR330, what did you use?

(I have searched some stuff in the pictures forum with little luck. Also wasn't sure if this should go in there, the Uniden forum, or another forum I didn't even see.)

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I have been looking for the exact same thing - some kind of cupholder mount for the 330.

Although, I wish the stalks were longer than 5" - ideally I'll like it up to the middle of the steering wheel height, so the antenna can see out the windshield, and it would also be more at eye-level.

spooney, what kind of mods did you do to the cupholder mount?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
check ebay for ones that clip onto the heater vents.. depending on ur car when clipped to the heater vents the antenna should be pointing to the windshield

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
With the 396/330, you can just use a CB mic clip. I used a self adhesive one so no screw holes in the dash. $1.49 at the local truck stop.

a-1.jpg

b.jpg

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
The CB mic clip is a possibility.

No vent mounts - I tried one and had no luck. It was very hard to install and remove, plus they're not deep enough to hold the 330.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
the CB clip does look like a good idea...

with no truck stop here
anybody want to buy a couple n ship them to me

AtomicTaco

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2029
$6.90 with free shipping. Takes about 2 weeks to arrive since it's coming from Hong Kong.
I've got one and I use it with my 330. Works great, slide the belt clip off the back and the belt clip button hooks over the back edge. I use it with either the stock antenna or an external BNC antenna. The display is about even with the top of the steering wheel in my car. I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.