looking at 140.950

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Good morning all. I am looking for an idea as to the meaning of this transmission. I have no clue as to who the transmitter may be, but the phrase might be familiar to someone out there, and provide a clue.
At 4:03 p.m. E.D.T., 04/11/18, I recorded the following phrase on 140.9500 A.M.;
"unintelligible word,, 15 unintelligible word 3.25, between 5 and 7 standard" Any references to 140.925 are U.S.M.C in California, and Nellis A.F.B.. The voice modulation has a very similar pattern to the sound of a ground controller at any airport. Thank you.

Last edited:

ecps92

IS this programmed for AM or Auto ?

I've had some of my Auto switch to AM when the signal is actually FM
So...that said you might want to try this as an FM too, see if better reception/decoding
Good morning all. I am looking for an idea as to the meaning of this transmission. I have no clue as to who the transmitter may be, but the phrase might be familiar to someone out there, and provide a clue.
At 4:03 p.m. E.D.T., 04/11/18, I recorded the following phrase on 140.9500 A.M.;
"unintelligible word,, 15 unintelligible word 3.25, between 5 and 7 standard" Any references to 140.925 are U.S.M.C in California, and Nellis A.F.B.. The voice modulation has a very similar pattern to the sound of a ground controller at any airport. Thank you.

AlphaFive

Ahhhh, excellent idea. It came in on my TRX 2, which unfortunately doesn't yet possess the option of switching. I will be up to that band in my rotation on the BCD 536 soon. Thank you much. Just remembered, I have my poor old Pro 197 sitting neglected. I'll put that on, it has the option.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Ahhhh, excellent idea. It came in on my TRX 2, which unfortunately doesn't yet possess the option of switching. I will be up to that band in my rotation on the BCD 536 soon. Thank you much. Just remembered, I have my poor old Pro 197 sitting neglected. I'll put that on, it has the option.

How are you searching for the frequencies on the TRX2?
Larry

AlphaFive

TRX 2 - it's a Limit Search, for the particular band 138.0000 thru 144.0000. Specs tell me the default setting on the unit for that band is AM. I'll use my 197, and 536 for an FM look..

milcom_chaser

Perhaps you've stumbled upon some coms related to the Army Helios you were monitoring previously...

Status
Not open for further replies.