Looking at getting the SDS100. Got 3 questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepOregonWeird

The Listener
Premium Subscriber
Hello from Salem, Oregon! Did you get your SDS 100 figured out? Just wondering I recently upgraded to a SDS from a BC346XTC still waiting for it to be delivered though.

KeepOregonWeird

The Listener
Premium Subscriber
Oh yea! I have mine now and love it. Good luck with your new unit. I have no problem receiving p25 systems in the Salem area, mainly Salem FD and State PD. What I like most about sds100 is the replay feature it comes in handy more than you would think!

KeepOregonWeird

The Listener
Premium Subscriber
Oh yea! I have mine now and love it. Good luck with your new unit. I have no problem receiving p25 systems in the Salem area, mainly Salem FD and State PD. What I like most about sds100 is the replay feature it comes in handy more than you would think!
I am using a diamond antenna rh77ca about $22 from Ham Radio Outlet. Definitely gets better reception with distance then the stock antenna.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
<snip> I have no problem receiving p25 systems in the Salem area, mainly Salem FD and State PD. <snip>

Are you hearing Salem FD on the OSRP state system? Or are they on some new system? Last I heard they were still on the old analog Smartnet trunk system, called ‘Salem A Tower’ in the RR database.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
Salem FD Dispatch talkgroup is patched across to the Oregon State Radio Project. No other SFD talkgroups are currently patched to the OSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.