Looking for 9913 type coax connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

I need 2 ends for a 9913 coaxial cable. Someone PLEASE help me find these! Is LMR-400 the same as the 9913 type coax? Or is there another type of cable that is almost exactly the same? I have a great condition 9913 type coaxial cable that is at least 50-feet and looking for almost any ends I can find. Hopefully something to match my situation;

My scanner is a BNC connector (Uniden BC246T), and my antenna fits PL-259 connector.

Thanks for all your help!

k5uss

DO you need PL-259s and an adapter to fit on the scanner or what? Radio Shack has both of these items.

The 9913 will take the same 259s as the LMR-400 will. I recommend the solder on type.

conve36

I cant seem to find them at Radioshack.com Right now there are not ANY ends on the cable at all. Adapters are the easy part to find, I just cant seem to find the connectors that go on the end of the 9913 coax directly. PL-259 connectors would be fine. Then I could just use PL-259 to BNC adapter to go from the cable to my scanner...

hoser147

6 bucks I hope that includes shipping. Glad I got some around here..........Hoser
EDIT: I see they got a 2 pack below that for 4 bucks ( That ones PREMO) lol

Last edited:

lost_in_maine

lol...Yeah without the fancy Teflon insulators...
must be for some serious RF power

I'd be kinda hesitant to use such big cable if it is for a handheld...all that weight will loosen up the bnc connector in no time...

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
lol...Yeah without the fancy Teflon insulators...
must be for some serious RF power

I'd be kinda hesitant to use such big cable if it is for a handheld...all that weight will loosen up the bnc connector in no time...

that's why you use a short jumper cable that's a smaller lighter cable to connect to.

Eric Burris

DPD1

An easy way to do it is use a flexi multi strand type in RG8 size. Pretty much same loss, put physically a lot easier to work with.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Status
Not open for further replies.