Looking For A Good Wireless Remote Speaker For 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

jngizzi

I'm looking to set up a good wireless remote speaker sourced on my 996T.

My listening post is on the 2nd floor of my house. I would like to set up the wireless speaker on the first floor to be used in the kitchen or basement game room etc.

Can anybody suggest a high quality (cost relatively not a factor) wireless speaker with strong signal strength, minimal/no static and clear audio?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

NYRHKY94

Hi Joe:

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience to share with you on a wireless speaker. Have you considered using a wireless FM transmitter? I use a model from Crane hooked up to my GRE PSR-600 scanner which is located on the first floor in my office shack. I then use any FM radio located around the house to tune in to the scanner. The Crane works very well for me.

http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-transmitters/fm-transmitter.aspx

Thanks - Mike

jngizzi

Hey Mike,

Thats an even better idea! I can pipe the audio output from the scanner into my multi room theater system.

Then, I can easily tune to the FM station from whatever room I am in! I am going to check out the Crane on their web page now.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

Joe

manross

Hey Joe,
I'm not sure how well Mike's Crane Xmitter works, maybe real good for him. A buddy of mine tried the Crane and had nothing but trouble with it. His trouble made my decision to go with the EDM Xmitter an easy one. I got the LCD 10/100 version. You can order it with the "mono" chip. I t came with the stereo chip, but mono works better with the scanner audio. Anyhow if I were to do it again I would just get the 10mw version. The 10mw version covers an easy 2 acres of my property with absolutely no problems at all. The 100mw version can be heard for miles. I don't use that cause I don't want any complaints. If you haven't figured it out, they sell these as kits only since they are over the FCC type accepted output. Don't let the "kit" scare you away. All you have to do is plug in the chip and solder the power plug onto the PCB. Simple !!! I live in the country and only use on a freqency that is not used commercially so I don't cause any problems with neighbors or stations, even though my nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile away. Sorry for being so long.... here is the url....
http://www.edmdesign.com/index.html If you have any questions feel free to contact me...

Marty

Last edited:

jngizzi

Edm-Design FM Xmitter

Hi Marty,

Thanks for pointing out the edmdesign wireless FM Transmitters. After looking at the specs (of which I was impressed) I placed an order today for the 10-100mw selectable "full kit".

Now, as you stated I havent soldered lately so it will be a nice little challenge for me to see if I can put this thing together when it arrives without frying it.

I will need to go and purchase a decent soldering iron with the appropriate solder for this application. Can you suggest a decent iron?

Also, are the instructions that come with the xmitter clear enough for a soldering newbie?

Thanks for all of the input. I will order the CCrane too in the event i fry the Edm-design xmitter!!

Joe

Last edited:

manross

Hi Marty,

Thanks for pointing out the edmdesign wireless FM Transmitters. After looking at the specs (of which I was impressed) I placed an order today for the 10-100mw selectable "full kit".

Now, as you stated I havent soldered lately so it will be a nice little challenge for me to see if I can put this thing together when it arrives without frying it.

I will need to go and purchase a decent soldering iron with the appropriate solder for this application. Can you suggest a decent iron?

Also, are the instructions that come with the xmitter clear enough for a soldering newbie?

Thanks for all of the input. I will order the CCrane too in the event i fry the Edm-design xmitter!!

Joe

The fact that you know what a soldering iron and solder is, is all the skill you need to put this together. There is literally 2-3 solder points to make and that is all. I got the mono chip also with mine for better voice audio and I had to plug that into the empty IC socket. The instructions are very clear and you can download them from the site even before you get the kit. If you have any questions or concerns, just email me or you can cal me if you'd like. By the way you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of this kit. Crap sounds like an advertisement for them...:p Officially I am not employed nor associated with this company..:D

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.