Looking for a new scanner in dubuque

Status
Not open for further replies.

saints_hockey

Since police and fire went digital for dubuque what would be the cheapest but most effective digital scanner that can pick up dubuque

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I was out in Dubuque a few weeks ago for lunch at 7 Hills Brewing. Amazing food and beer. Their pd appeared encrypted. You can still receive IL State Police, IA State Police, and WISCOM as well as local fire and EMS. I could using my 325P2 in my car.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Dubuque is on the SARA Network. SARA Network Trunking System, Various, Iowa - Scanner Frequencies (radioreference.com) Law enforcement for city and county is encrypted. Fire and EMS is in the clear. The T in the Mode column means TDMA (P25 Phase 2). D is Phase 1. DE & TE are fully encrypted and no scanner is able to decode it. De & Te use encryption part of the time. Iowa State Patrol (DPS) Area C is on the ISICS statewide system and is mostly in the clear. Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System (ISICS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies (radioreference.com) The Dubuque sites on both SARA and ISICS are simulcast. The only scanners designed to receive simulcast are the Uniden SDS100 handheld and SDS200 base/mobile. All other P25 Phase 2 capable scanners may or may not work depending upon your location.

Status
Not open for further replies.