Looking for a replacement scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumfloyd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I have an original trunking scanner the bc 235xlt while this still works fine to listen to my area which is Salem,cumberland,and Gloucester county new jersey i would like something new. I have tried the pro 164 and the pro 107 seemed that they were not as sensitive as the old 235 and returned them. So should I try to find an uniden 246 or get the new 346. I know all I need is a unit to do analog and no digital. Thanks for the help.

Jakemcgraw

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I have an original trunking scanner the bc 235xlt while this still works fine to listen to my area which is Salem,cumberland,and Gloucester county new jersey i would like something new. I have tried the pro 164 and the pro 107 seemed that they were not as sensitive as the old 235 and returned them. So should I try to find an uniden 246 or get the new 346. I know all I need is a unit to do analog and no digital. Thanks for the help.
The bc346xt is a very good choice in an analog trunking scanner,,I purchased one a few months back,,lots of great features and very hard to beat for the money, uniden did a great job on this unit !.,,good audio,, sensitivity is very good,,i find it more sensitive than my gre psr-300 handheld. Hard to go wrong with the bc346xt in my opinion.

coufin

Hello I dont no were you live but here In Canada if you want to listen to the police you need a 800 mhz scanner beacause the only thing you listen under 800 mhz is the provincial police !!!

Jakemcgraw

How come my old uniden is so much more sensitive than the pro 164, pro 107 using the same antenna.
As has been said many times , your area and surroundings always differ,,,Uniden works better in one area, and Gre works better in another area...here I live out in the country with mountains around me and the Gre's usually work better here, but i tried a uniden bc346xt i bought a few months back and it even outperforms my gre psr-300 in sensitivity...These new scanners never cease to amaze me.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If I get the 346 can I program manually or do I need some software. Don't want to spend a ton of money

Yes, but you really do want to use software. I think Freescan works with the 346, if money is an issue.

sjlamb

Yes, but you really do want to use software. I think Freescan works with the 346, if money is an issue.

It does and makes it a no brainer for the 346XT. I'd rather eat a glass and rat sandwich than try to manually program 3 New Jersey Counties into a new DMA scanner.

There is an EXCELLENT dealer very close to you in 'Tax Free" Wilmington, Delaware that carries the XT series of scanners in stock: http://www.rrcom.com/sales/scanner.html

Last edited:

magnumfloyd

sjlamb Thanks for the info on rr communication just picked up my scanner today real nice guy. Now to either find a dinosaur computer or wait on a usb cable to program

Status
Not open for further replies.