Looking for a school bus frequency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

I'm hoping someone in Vermont can pinpoint a school bus frequency for me.
I can't seem to get to the FCC search Web site, it doesn't load up for me.

Harwood Union School District, Harwood Vermont
First Student school buses are what Harwood uses for transportation. First Student is the name of the company.

Let me know if I need to offer more info.
Thanks,
Steve in Central Vermont

a417

U+0000
<snip>
FCC ULS doesn't seem to be up right now, but it is a Sunday night...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

First Student school buses are what Harwood uses for transportation. First Student is the name of the company.

Thanks,
Steve in Central Vermont
-
Check here:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Nice try but there was only a couple listed for Windham County, nothing for Washington County.

Since the RR FCC listings are pulled from the FCC, it is unlikely you will find anything in the FCC database for Washington Co, but you never know.

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Two notes about First Student:
1) They do use regional commercial trunks around here. I don't know who is up there for that type of system, other than Fleetwave. And if it is Fleetwave, good luck, they run 100% encryption

2) F.S. around here also uses a couple of unlicensed repeaters. So the FCC may not actually help you in this case.
Unfortunately we don't get a ton of monitoring input from that area in Vermont, so you may need to "search the bands" to find them.
Or use the close call function on your scanner, if you have it.

traffic27fl

I talked to one of the FCC Gettysburg call center guys at about 10:10 this morning and he said that they had gotten an email 3 minutes earlier from other FCC personnel that the system was down and they hoped to have it up later today.

ecps92

I would try the School District Channel first [LEt us know]

FrequencyCallsignRSStationCityCountyST
156.16500WPBT413PWHARWOOD UNION SCHOOL SYSTEMDUXBURYWASHINGTONVT

Thanks,
Steve in Central Vermont

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
There’s a rather large office/depot of theirs probably mile or less from me. A rather large business band tower sits on the roof which I think was from a previous business. No visible antenna I’ve seen. Nothing on close proximity search of fcc database. I almost fell asleep trying to find them on the same FCC listing above. Tried close call too. Nothing. Still interested.

Blackink

There’s a rather large office/depot of theirs probably mile or less from me. A rather large business band tower sits on the roof which I think was from a previous business. No visible antenna I’ve seen. Nothing on close proximity search of fcc database. I almost fell asleep trying to find them on the same FCC listing above. Tried close call too. Nothing. Still interested.
Thanks for trying.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
If you have any OneVoice sites in your area, I'd give them a try. I've been monitoring the ones close to me (Mt. Equinox, Mt. Anthony, and Stratton Mountain) and I've been getting a LOT of school bus chatter during the day. A lot of the talkgroups appear to go through multiple sites so it might be possible they've switched over to that just to get better coverage.

ecps92

a very good suggestion. A recent [limited scanning event] Vacation up to Windsor, a quick scan of the UHF bands returned
many a DMR frequency, but not enough time to sit on them to determine, conventions, trunk, users etc [Next trip]

note even found an ole LTR on a Part 22 channel still in use

Over at Scan-NE we have a pretty good group for the DMR, but Vermont is one area that needs a major coordination of
determing who / what with all the Commercial [Rental systems] are using ....
If you have any OneVoice sites in your area, I'd give them a try. I've been monitoring the ones close to me (Mt. Equinox, Mt. Anthony, and Stratton Mountain) and I've been getting a LOT of school bus chatter during the day. A lot of the talkgroups appear to go through multiple sites so it might be possible they've switched over to that just to get better coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.