Looking for a specific department's FTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhowell49

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program FTO's in my BCD996P2. I am looking specifically for Anna Ohio FD's FTO (Shelby County). Could anybody provide me with this and/or the link to find FTO's, please? Thanks in advance!

fyrfyter33

I am trying to program FTO's in my BCD996P2. I am looking specifically for Anna Ohio FD's FTO (Shelby County). Could anybody provide me with this and/or the link to find FTO's, please? Thanks in advance!

Good Luck. This isn't usually put out for public knowledge, for obvious reasons.

jdhowell49

Premium Subscriber
Good Luck. This isn't usually put out for public knowledge, for obvious reasons.

What would those 'obvious reasons' be? Many FTO's are available...I've found a lot of different FTO's while searching for the one I want. I'm trying to get my scanner to alert for this particular dept.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What would those 'obvious reasons' be? Many FTO's are available...I've found a lot of different FTO's while searching for the one I want. I'm trying to get my scanner to alert for this particular dept.
Did you use the Wiki tab on the county's RR database page? On the Wiki page for the county, there should be either a link for FTO's, or the FTO's may be listed right on the Wiki page.

Just remember that the info is created from user submissions so not every county will have full info.

BTW, there's a smartphone app called Radio ID that will decode QC-II tones. Just fire up the app and place your phone near the scanner. When tones are transmitted, the app will display them.

Sometimes you just have to do your own detective work.

fyrfyter33

Since I don't work in public safety maybe I'm missing something, but I'm curious too about the "obvious reasons".

Because we don't need people being notified every time we go out. Incidents that sound interesting will just draw more people to randomly show up on the scene and it just creates more problems.

We've dealt with enough chasers over the years randomly showing up on incidents, I don't need them to have their own personal alert system for it.

kma371

QRT

Doesnt that radio have FTO search feature?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Because we don't need people being notified every time we go out. Incidents that sound interesting will just draw more people to randomly show up on the scene and it just creates more problems.

We've dealt with enough chasers over the years randomly showing up on incidents, I don't need them to have their own personal alert system for it.
They already have a scanner so it is a mute point.If they just hold on your dispatch channel they know you are getting called out anyway.Get of your high horse already.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, I'm pretty sure it does, and there are several utilities you can also use...I looked in our wiki, and we don't have anything for Shelby County. Looks like a little detective work is in order

Mike

fyrfyter33

They already have a scanner so it is a mute point.If they just hold on your dispatch channel they know you are getting called out anyway.Get of your high horse already.

Catching something via scanning is one thing, have an actual alert is another.

I don't have a horse, they went out with the invent of the gasoline engine.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin

From submissions, some County Wiki pages have the fire tones listed. For example Hamilton County has a full list. So while your point of view is appreciated it is rendered moot since that is information available here on Radioreference.

The scanner he has is tone out capable.And it has,tone out search so again get over it.

Now this is a gentle reminder to keep the conversation civil and on topic or this thread will be closed.

Thanks.

jdhowell49

Premium Subscriber
From submissions, some County Wiki pages have the fire tones listed. For example Hamilton County has a full list. So while your point of view is appreciated it is rendered moot since that is information available here on Radioreference.

Now this is a gentle reminder to keep the conversation civil and on topic or this thread will be closed.

Thanks.

You can close the thread. I found the information I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.