Looking for a Uniden analog only base scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
This has been improving with later updates to I/Q models, but doubt the gap can be completely closed with current (<$1000) designs.

Yes, honest statements, thank you.... and not just by a little bit it appears :(

I guess my only curiosity is why in the same location, there are videos out there of a $15.00 dongle doing better than the IQ, both SDR radios. (not the video below, that is pasted in response to your comment re the gap)... I'll end up buying a 200 as soon as I have confidence the hum issue is resolved and the supply chain has flushed them out. :)

Last edited:

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I also rise in support of BC780XLT. Considered by some (arguable I'm sure) to be a standard against which to measure others. Compatible with ProScan. USB to serial cable available on Ebay.
Agree, my 780XLT rocks!!!!!!

jjbond

Banned
Banned

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Tried to add this to the post above but it was past the time out...

What gives me hope, are posts like this (if we're not permitted to post links to other forums, mod please delete, thank you), which is pretty awesome...

I started to get better reception as mentioned of Falmouth PD by switching on IFX. I went through the filters and with the IFX on and the filter set to Invert Falmouth PD came to life. The same setting brought Sandwich PD out of non-existence to a full scale and full quieting signal.

SDS200 Observations - Scan New England

Stay the course.... if we can go from not breaking squelch to full quieting simply by software, then I stand corrected on some of my earlier comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.