Looking for a Uniden Phase11-TDMA Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
My 996XT has been baffled by this weeks re-working of some towers in the Chicago area to allow them to upgrade to the new Phase11-TDMA on the ILL-Digital Starcom 700/800.......My 996XT was performing perfect coverage of these towers till they expanded one from 3 sites to 7 sites and the start of the new phase...Hopefully we can expect some results soon from Uniden???....Hope i put this in the correct forum.....Now i know what "Highpockets" and "DDan" have been talking about.....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There will be no "update" for existing Uniden scanners to decode P25 Phase II TDMA systems. That capability requires entirely new hardware, not just a firmware "fix".

The issues Highpockets and DDan have been talking about (issues with simulcast systems) are completely unrelated to Phase II TDMA.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I already know from "Paul" (Uniden Rep) saying the present models will not accept the new upgrades from Motorola=TDMA, i am hoping this is the year for the "NEW" models that will accept "TDMA" freqy splitting and remedy simulcast issues....

Status
Not open for further replies.