looking for a Win 500 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyb

I am looking for a Win 500 file for Madison County Huntsville for my pro-106 and197. Can any one help or direct me? I will not have the money to update my Radio Reference subscription for a few months.

rwier

I am looking for a Win 500 file for Madison County Huntsville for my pro-106 and197. Can any one help or direct me? I will not have the money to update my Radio Reference subscription for a few months.

Just practicing, lol. I imported all of "Huntsville Public Safety" into the unassigned scanlist. Go to the "All Objects" Tab. Distribute objects to the scanlist/s of your choice. Rename your scanlists as you choose. This may work, or not. If you need help, just holler. If you need more than I attached, just holler. If nothing works, complain, lol.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• NJ REQUEST .zip
    522 bytes · Views: 76

rwier

When I unzipped it it was a bin file, but I didn't see anything in it.

Well, i just clicked on the attachment and it automatically popped up on my Desktop. When i clicked on the zip file it unzipped and opened in Win500 with all kinds of stuff in the unassigned scanlist?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The file is empty.
It basically just contains the contents of an unprogrammed PSR500 or 600.

A PSR500 or 600 file is going to be 67,452 bytes before being compressed when saved in the BIN format with Win500.

This file just contains the 20 default scanlist names and a few configuration values but no data whatsoever. It is only 1,797 bytes.

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just practicing, lol. I imported all of "Huntsville Public Safety" into the unassigned scanlist. Go to the "All Objects" Tab. Distribute objects to the scanlist/s of your choice. Rename your scanlists as you choose. This may work, or not. If you need help, just holler. If you need more than I attached, just holler. If nothing works, complain, lol.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob. curious as to why you saved it as a BIN file and not the native .p500 format?
Maybe that caused it to fail to save the actual data?

rwier

Rob. curious as to why you saved it as a BIN file and not the native .p500 format?
Maybe that caused it to fail to save the actual data?

Well, on my computer, the bin files open in Win500 (what he asked for) and the p500 files open in PSREdit (I think, or I'm loosing it, lol).

Also, I checked all of my P500 files and my bin files for size. They are all between ~30 to ~ 86 KB. The attachment is right in there at about 70. They all work for me.

Just a question?

Has anyone got the attachment to open in Win500?

If so, did you click on "All Objects" or did you look in the "unassigned" scanlist?

rwier

I just copied the bin file, on my desktop, that I got and unzipped from the forum post. Then I changed the bin to p500 (the copy). I clicked on the new ext file and it opened in PSREdit with all the TGs in NJ, lol.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Well, on my computer, the bin files open in Win500 (what he asked for) and the p500 files open in PSREdit (I think, or I'm loosing it, lol).

Also, I checked all of my P500 files and my bin files for size. They are all between ~30 to ~ 86 KB. The attachment is right in there at about 70. They all work for me.

Just a question?

Has anyone got the attachment to open in Win500?

If so, did you click on "All Objects" or did you look in the "unassigned" scanlist?

bin files are the native forkmat for psredit and p500 is the native for Win500! Win500 will save and read both formats though.

The file you uploaded here is only 522 bytes zipped and whatever I said unzipped. When you open it, it must be picking up something on your computer as the file is definately a blank file!
I can open the file just fine in win500 but there is no data whatsoever.
I must first change the file type to bin of course so it sees the file.

I've attached the same system that you tried and also saved it as a bin file and then zipped it.
See if you can open it and see any difference between it and the one you uploaded here.
Just unzip them and look at the file size difference between yours and mine.

I wonder if something is caching something on your machine maybe. It is weird that you seem to be able to open the file yet the file contains no data from the system you specified.

Attachments

• NJ Request1.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 52

rwier

bin files are the native forkmat for psredit and p500 is the native for Win500! Win500 will save and read both formats though.

The file you uploaded here is only 522 bytes zipped and whatever I said unzipped. When you open it, it must be picking up something on your computer as the file is definately a blank file!
I can open the file just fine in win500 but there is no data whatsoever.
I must first change the file type to bin of course so it sees the file.

I've attached the same system that you tried and also saved it as a bin file and then zipped it.
See if you can open it and see any difference between it and the one you uploaded here.
Just unzip them and look at the file size difference between yours and mine.

I wonder if something is caching something on your machine maybe. It is weird that you seem to be able to open the file yet the file contains no data from the system you specified.

I click on your att/zip
I click save
I see a zip file on my DT
I left click on it
I click on "Extract all files"
I click on "Extract"
Now I have a bin file on my DT
I right click on it
I check Properties, it's the same size as my previous.
I left click on it
It opens in Win500
I see no difference in my original
1 System
127 TGIDs
(all in NJ)
(All in the Unassigned ScanList)

rwier

Oops, now I see there was a big difference??? It loaded the file that I named, not the one you named????

PSREdit and Win500 have mixed themselves up or something? Wow, time for a new computer, lol. Been waiting for a reason!

daveyb

I read the file its all frequencies from Canada great looking not exactly what I am looking for though. With that said please I am still looking for Huntsville Alabama with Madison county the Alabama State Patrol if possible also Morgan , Marshal and Limestone Counties. I am in the Huntsville area. Thanks for trying it will be a big help.

RomeRon

It looks like the trunk system is a Motorola Type II Smartnet, I don't think the 106 or 197 will work on this system.
Huntsville Public Safety Trunking System, Huntsville, Alabama - Scanner Frequencies

Here is a WIN500 file that you can try, scanlist 2 has conventional freqs and scanlist 3 is the Motorola Type II Smartnet, Notice it says in the link that some freqs have gone through rebanding, might want to give that a try if it doesn't work with the file that I posted, but I am still thinking that the 106 197 will not work on the Motorola Type II Smartnet system.

Last edited:

daveyb

Yes the Pro-106 and pro-197 can do it they are both the same and Digital thanks can you sent me the rest of the counties that I asked for when you get a chance? will let you know how it works out and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.