Looking for advice for Brantford Police scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggmann99

I have been out of the scanner hobby for over 20 years and I am looking to get back into it now. I would like to listen on the Brantford Ontario Police as I used to before they encrypted many many years ago. What is a good entry level scanner that is able to pick up the Police in my area?

I have researched and researched and I can' find a definitive answer that you can listen on the Brantford Police. Any and all advice is helpful, things certainly changed in the past 20+ years.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
As the others have indicated...if Police are encrypted, you are out of luck.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The OPP are still listenable at this point and a 996P2 would work well.

You'll also want the DMR upgrade for listening to Brant County fire.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
There is more than enough police activity in Brant Co as the OPP are very busy. They are patched with Haldimand and 6 Nations.

There also has been a fair bit of activity in Caledonia regarding developers and land claims and when things heat up the London OPP Tac channels come to life.

You will also hear Oxford and Norfolk Co, the Burlington and Niagara patch when their cars are in range of the Brantford tower as well as Cambridge OPP Patched with Mississauga OPP.

If you have a decent antenna you can monitor Simcoe or Woodstock, both towers carry the OPP further to the west of Brant Co.

Don't forget all the EMS on FleetNet.

It sucz to not be scan to monitor Brantford city but there still is lots of other things to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.