Looking for advice on organising banks on BC296D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy

I currently have my banks set up as such:
1, 2, 3 = Orillia OPP (Fleetnet Edgar), Orillia Fire (local analog), Georgian Simcoe North CACC (FN Edgar)
4, 5, 6 = Port Credit OPP (FN Britannia), Peel Regional PD (Peel Trunking), Mississauga Fire (Peel Trunking)
7, 8, 9 = Toronto OPP (FN Mowat), TPS (Toronto Public Safety Trunking), Toronto Fire/EMS (TPS Trunking)
0 = Aurora OPP (FN King City)

This is a "logical" setup, where I can select regions based on rows. However, Toronto has four towers and I would like to pick them all up, but would need four banks to do so. Is there a way to combine a few existing banks to free up what I need for the Toronto towers? Also, are there other towers I can use for monitoring Aurora OPP on HWY400? I'm new to scanning and I'm not sure of the coverage areas of the different towers and which can be safely combined.

gary123

for toronto you can put the 4 control channels in one bank and either run in CC mode or you can enter all the talk freq for all 4 towers in. since the talk groups are common for all 4 towers you should be able to easilly select the tower you want by only unlocking the control channel you want.

another way is to put OPP towers in the same bank but choose towers that are distant from each other, that way you dont have to worry about locking and unlocking the tower freqs. EG put orilla and toronto in the same bank

Squishy

After some more reading on the forums, I have discovered that only the South tower seems to broadcast everything, while the rest only broadcast talkgroups from the immediate area. Now I understand why I kept reading "focus on the South tower". How far does the South tower broadcast when receiving with a rubber ducky (stock from 296D) or a magnetic car antenna? Would I be able to pick it up as far north as Markham?

Status
Not open for further replies.