Looking for am/fm travel Radio with sd card recording capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch42

The only thing close to that I've heard of is the C.Crane CC Witness, but I don't think it uses SD cards. Not to mention it appears to be discontinued.

Boombox

If you can find a Grundig G2 (a discontinued radio), it has that capability. There is internal memory and then provision for a mini-SD card (slot in the bottom of the radio). It's a good performer on FM and SW. MW is good, but in many locations (like where I live) an external loop (like an AN200 or Select-A-Tenna) will aid the radio in pulling in DX. It's very small, stereo speakers (like a mini-boombox), has a rechargeable battery.

PACNWDude

My $20 Retekess V115 is am/fm/sw and will record onto a micro SD card from the radio or built in microphone. It's pretty small too. Almost pocket size. It doesn't have a clock/alarm however but bring your own alarm clock and you're all set!

View attachment 103598
+1 on this radio. You beat me to it, suggesting this Retekess V115/Tivdio or Audiomax SRW-710S. Great little receiver and does indeed record to SD cards, better than expected.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to record the station ID of DX contacts? What level of recording quality do you want, and how much time?

Status
Not open for further replies.