Looking for an antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

I have the pro 197,and owuld like to pick up my neighboring city,but with the stock antenna,it doesnt pick up.Maybe another 15-20 miles of pick up ??? Is that possible with a larger antenna? Id like one thats small enough for the back porch,but not an eysore for an apartment community(If that makes sense)

N8IAA

I have the pro 197,and owuld like to pick up my neighboring city,but with the stock antenna,it doesnt pick up.Maybe another 15-20 miles of pick up ??? Is that possible with a larger antenna? Id like one thats small enough for the back porch,but not an eysore for an apartment community(If that makes sense)

What neighboring city? What system/conventional frequency? Lots of neighboring cities around Macon.
Larry

mjbjr

Id like to pick of byron,and warner robins.Im new to scanning so i dont know what system they are.

jhnbollinger

I have a Radio Shack 2052 hooked to a Radio Shack discone sitting at 25 feet and recieve VHF conventional signals as far away as St Louis MO. I live 70 miles south of there........

mjbjr

This will be at an apartment complex,so something that big,or even being high up isnt an option.I can put it on my back porch,but thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.