Looking for bcd396xt in new york city

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You might find them cheaper online vs a store.. Just beware, there is a website selling them for 109.99. If you Google the company, its a rip off site in china...

maalox

herd barrys electronics is in nyc where i do not no exactly. you will be paying sales tax.

Last edited:

scosgt

Stuart is good, just be prepared to be talked to death before you get out of the store!
Seriously, take a good long look at the GRE PSR-800
I have a bunch of scanners and live on the Queens/Nassau line. I run three 996 scanners, and I have the 396 and the 246 and the 346.
The PSR-800 is far and away the superior scanner. The display is GREAT, the sensitivity is way better side by side, and the programming system, once you get it down, is FAR superior. I can receive both NJSP and SCPD from anyplace in my house, loud and clear. No Uniden can do that. I can listen to NYPD and NCPD and select talkgroups from DOITT and PAPD all on one scanlist, all with no personal programming, the software imports and sets everything up. No need to connect the scanner to the PC, the SD card does it all. I am very impressed.
The only downside is that there is no computer control, so I can't broadcast over the web with text tags like I can with the 996/396.
Jump all over the 800 and the RS 800 MHZ antenna. For this area it can not be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.