• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for blank XTS 5000 codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

emanuel32804

Hi all,

Not too long ago, I purchased an XTS 5000, and had a friend of mine put his codeplug on it to scan local LE. It's been working fine, but I'm going to be relocating soon and I'd like to use it in my new area. The problem is that I can't seem to delete any of the entries under trunking to add my new system. Granted, I also don't have a system key, but I'll cross that road when I get there. In the mean time, I'd like to figure out how to get this plug off of my current radio and start fresh. The buttons on the bottom of the trunking personality, and everything else trunking related, are all greyed out. Any thoughts? I've read that the buttons being greyed out may mean that there is an ASK on the radio, which I don't believe to be the case as my friend did not use one to program it.

Thanks,
Emanuel

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
You can't really blank a codeplug. You have to delete the entries that are there. The buttons in the trunking personality are greyed out because the system key is not present. You should be able to create a new trunking system (it will have a sys id of 1). Then you can delete whatever other systems are there. Same thing for the personalities. Create a new one, then delete the old. Same for zone/channel... same for all the tree branches.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
You have to create the new blank trunking system FIRST. Then add a new trunking personality associated with your new empty trunking system. Then delete the other trunking personalities. Then delete the trunking system.

emanuel32804

Ah, looks like I'm going to have to get a new sys key before I move forward at all. Thanks then. I know that they're pretty much impossible to get unless you own a system. Though, I believe there is some workaround that people use when creating these scan only codeplugs?

emanuel32804

Ok, so I tried this a while back, to no avail, but I'm trying it again. I'm following the tutorial on bat labs to create a sys key based on my system ID (6FD) and it doesn't seem to be working. I ended up with:
Code:
2C B5 32 B3 88 0D 6A DF 4B B4 E9 95 2C 6D 1C 03 37 24 1F 5B 93 BF 24 1A 14 FF 5C

in a file called sys006FD.key. CPS doesn't seem to like it. Similarly I also tried putting the 0 after (so that would be 6FD0), also with no success.

emanuel32804

I'm trying to get it OFF their system........... (not that it's affiliated anyway)

@Skypilot007, I have followed their instructions, but as I mentioned, I cannot add a new trunked system in order to remove the old one. Greyed out plus button, presumably due to no sys key. KevinC mentioned this in #4.

Sorry folks, I'm just trying to get some answers, and other sites seem to suggest that this is the place for beginners to go. Or at the very least that they aren't welcome there. I think you know where I'm talking about. I don't really know where else to go for this.

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
alright, I'll do this, i'll do you a "blank" codeplug to get this cleaned up, closed and remove trunked systems, check your message

cmdrwill

Jamming in a "blank" codeplug, and screwing up all the alignment and calibration adjustments.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Jamming in a "blank" codeplug, and screwing up all the alignment and calibration adjustments.
No, not on Astro 25. Codeplug partition is separate from tuning partition.

And they're not going to "jam" anything.

Regardless, you don't need a system key to delete stuff. That's why I'm saying the thread is stupid. But whatever...Saul Goodman.

Last edited:

emanuel32804

Usually I'd agree with you. Pretty much everything I've read says the same thing. I just can't figure out why that's not working in this case. Thankfully, chrismol1 is patching me up. Check out the screenshot of my CPS below, you'll see the plus button is greyed out.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Looks like the radio has been hit with an Advanced System Key. I wonder what the history of the radio is.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Hes getting his old one back revised minus the old systems, effectively its defaulted and the current system owner would be glad its gone. It had settings checked that shouldnt have been for nas. It still needs the proper equipment to be programmed buts its now effectively conventional with old crap gone. Its was the usual crap, every option/fdny bs, the usual data registrations. There is lot that needs to be learned and these are terrible for beginners who just want to get up and running without knowing all the inner workings because the default settings arent the correct/safest settings for nas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.