Looking for Burlington and Camden counties police codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3VH

Howdy all!

Could anyone suggest a place to look for police radio codes for Burlington and Camden counties please?

I found the NJ State Police codes here on RadioReference.com but that was it.

I am specifically interested in Evesham Police and Cherry Hill Police.

Or are all New Jersey police departments using the same codes with the same meanings?

Last time I had a scanner was over ten years ago in California so New Jersey is all new to me ;)

Thank You!

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Evesham is dispatched by the County and uses plain language, the only code you'll hear from them is a priority response code when they reply back to the dispatcher. Any PD dispatched by Burlingon County will use plain language. Cherry Hill uses a modified 10 code. You may want to subscribe to the Philly Scanner Guide by Joe Cardani who is also on board here.

Highpockets

Howdy all!

Could anyone suggest a place to look for police radio codes for Burlington and Camden counties please?

I found the NJ State Police codes here on RadioReference.com but that was it.

I am specifically interested in Evesham Police and Cherry Hill Police.

Or are all New Jersey police departments using the same codes with the same meanings?

Last time I had a scanner was over ten years ago in California so New Jersey is all new to me ;)

Thank You!

Here is what the Wiki has for Camden County:

Camden County (NJ) Police - The RadioReference Wiki

N3VH

Thanks much Jeff and Steve!

That's interesting about Burlington County using plain language. I'm still waiting for my scanner to arrive so I haven't heard them yet. Where I grew up in CA, every little thing had a code. I wonder how departments decide whether to use codes or just plain language.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Towns that are self dispatched like Medford & Mt Laurel use codes, I'm not sure about Maple Shade, Florence, & Bordentown Twp as I don't monitor them. There was something that came down from the feds a few years ago that said if you used codes you wouldn't be eligible for federal grants, but that was rescinded. Burlington County did use codes before the advent of County Central dispatch.

N3VH

Sounds good. So that scanner guide you mentioned in your earlier reply would have all the codes for the self dispached agencies?

N3VH

I haven't purchased the Philly Guide yet so I'm hoping for some help here :)

I programmed the police talkgroups from this page Burlington County Trunking System, Burlington, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies and I'm wondering if any of these cover Evesham Police. I live in Marlton and can hear a bunch of traffic on the Mt. Laurel and Medford sites but I haven't deciphered whether any of it is from my area.

I heard some familiar roads but they are a bit further away. Are there any other talkgroups to program in for Evesham PD than the ones already listed in the link I gave above?

Thanks!

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi N3VH,

Evesham is dispatched by Burlington County Central on the P-8 talkgroup 19376. Medford Lakes also is dispatched on that group.

As Jeff said, Medford and Mt. Laurel use their own codes (they are similar to each other). Burlington County used to use a different set of codes but they changed to plain speak a while ago. Maple Shade PD still uses some of the old County codes. I have all of these codes in the Philly guide in addition to the complete talkgroup list (500+ groups), complete frequency list, police district list, fire/ems districts and stations, fire/ems unit numbers at the county level, Virtua Medic units and locations, complete fire/ems tone out list, further details for Medford, Mt. Laurel PD, municipal freqs, public works freqs,area hospital freqs, and shopping malls.

N3VH

Thanks for the info Joe!

I may be moving out of this area soon otherwise I'd probably pick up your guide ;)

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.