Looking for Centre County Scanning Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lars128

I recently bought a Pro-97 and I want to get it programmed for areas outside of Centre County. I have all the frequencies I want for Centre, but I would like to know what I could pickup from the surrounding areas (without wasting alot of time programming or putting way too many channels to search). I live in the State College area. I have considered adding Blair and Huntingdon counties but want to know what else to add.

Can I pick up Mifflin, Union, Clinton, or Clearfield counties from State College? Is there anything else I should try? I understand that what I can pick up is based on a lot of factors but I don't want to waste my time plugging in hundreds of frequencies and hoping to hear a few, either.

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I recently bought a Pro-97 and I want to get it programmed for areas outside of Centre County. I have all the frequencies I want for Centre, but I would like to know what I could pickup from the surrounding areas (without wasting alot of time programming or putting way too many channels to search). I live in the State College area. I have considered adding Blair and Huntingdon counties but want to know what else to add.

Can I pick up Mifflin, Union, Clinton, or Clearfield counties from State College? Is there anything else I should try? I understand that what I can pick up is based on a lot of factors but I don't want to waste my time, either.

I only get up that way a couple times a year or so anymore, but my recollection is that from State College, you won't have much luck getting Clinton County on just a handheld scanner. Some Clearfield frequencies should be receivable. Mifflin is a possibility, too. Union, probably not for fire (lowband), but maybe for police. Someone more permanently local should be able to help you out, though.

lars128

Thanks for the help. I put in frequencies for all the surrounding counties. I am picking up from Clearfield and can get some activity from Clinton Co, though the fact that my office has a pretty good look up the valley may help. I haven't really gotten much from Mifflin or Union, though. A new antenna comes in the near future so maybe that will change some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.