Looking for choke parts in ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper150

Been looking around for 9:1 baluns with not much success.Lots from the states but the exchange rate at this point is a punch in the wallet. Can anyone suggest where i could get one in canada or ontario. Or where i could get tyroid cores(beads) to buid my own. Radio World and Maple Leaf have become out of stock stores with this pandemic.

W5lz

This sort of confusing. Are you looking for a balun, or a choke? They are not the same thing.

prcguy

Thanks, I guess....
Instead of a 9:1 balun I would recommend a 49:1 or 64:1 transformer and make a resonant half wave end fed which will work much better and with no tuner. The cost is similar and you can make them for just a few $$ for a 100w version.

There is someone else here on RR that can vouch for a Maple Leaf 9:1 with I think 70 something ft of wire not being able to get into a weekly HF net on several occasions and I made them a resonant half wave end fed and all of a sudden they could make contacts. You can do much better than a 9:1 for a multiband end fed antenna.

I can post or send info on how to make a 49:1 or 64:1 and you can get the ferrite cores on Ebay or from many suppliers cheap.

True. prcguy is the go to guy for info on HF BalUn, chokes ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.