Looking for details on different systems in PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaput

Hello. I am new to the forum, and the hobby of scanning, but I understand the basics.

About 6 months ago, I bought a Uniden BCT8 scanner off of eBay, and was excited to get to work, learning and programming. The issue? I live in Carlisle, and most systems are digital...

So I sold the BCT8 and waited patiently, searching eBay from time to time and last Friday, I got real lucky...

I found an auction for a Uniden BCD396T, radio, adapter and antenna with belt clip and manual buy it now, for $50 plus $7.50 to ship.

I figured, if the radio was bad, I could always sell it for parts, and make my money back, but I decided to take a gamble.

The radio arrived yesterday, and works and looks like new! Oddly enough, I received my car adapter on the same day, and had fun listening to close call and the few emergency response channels (Med 10) that came in. I even got some USAF and NORAD while sitting at my desk.

On to the main question.

Living in Carlisle, RR.com has a listing that Carlisle has a Motorola Type II Smartnet trunking system for Local PD. I understand I will not pickup OpenSky (My brother works for the PSP IT group, so I know all about that failure). I have programed the Carlisle freq's in and get a few hit now and again, but I honestly think that I am missing lots of transmissions.

The question is, If you live here, and know the system, is there anyway I can get some info regarding the programming needed for this system? I selected 800Mhz Standard MOT trunking.

Here is the Carlisle Borough listing here:

Carlisle Borough Trunking System, Carlisle, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

And here is the wiki about the Type II Smartnet system:

Motorola Type II Smartnet - The RadioReference Wiki

I am just worried I am missing something. Any direction to program this is appreciated.

Thanks again.

spork985

I just started working in Carlisle, at Dickinson College, and am also curious how to set up my radio for this system. I set mine to "MOT 800/900". The other option is "MOT VHF/UHF". I am wondering if there's any additional programming I need to do. Have you had any other success with yours yet?

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I found an auction for a Uniden BCD396T, radio, adapter and antenna with belt clip and manual buy it now, for $50 plus $7.50 to ship.

How HOT is that radio to the touch! :cool: That's just waaay too good of a price for THAT scanner!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.