Looking for Enthusiast Near Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

tormedic

I live just west of Hagersville Ontario Canada which is located SW of Hamilton.

I am looking to make find others in the area to share knowledge and experience as I am new to this again.

thanks

Steve,

ATCTech

I'm basically on the Milton/Burlington border. We have members here from Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara/Fort Erie, K/W, London, Essex and throughout the GTHA and beyond. What specifically are you seeking help with? I'm sure many of use can help right here in the forum if that suits your needs.

Cheers!

gary123

We are located all over Ontario, But everyone here (especially the more frequent posters) is knowledgeable on all the systems and freq in use in the province.

As ATC said, welcome to the forums. Ask your questions and we will help you out.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I'm in Hamilton. I like monitoring your area. Because of COVID-19 we really can't meet up now but we are all really good people here and I have a bunch of friends from here.

Till then ask away, PM me, I love to help people out.

E

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
Barrie, Simcoe County. Sorry not that close but I am just getting back into scanning and this is a really good site for looking for info on units or frequencies. I got a Uniden SDS 100 and could use any help too.

tormedic

I'm in Hamilton. I like monitoring your area. Because of COVID-19 we really can't meet up now but we are all really good people here and I have a bunch of friends from here.

Till then ask away, PM me, I love to help people out.

E
Is Hamilton Fire scannable?

Another Hamilton person here as well..

Matt
Do you listen to Hamilton Fire?

ATCTech

Sorry, almost all of Hamilton P25 is encrypted, fire included.

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
Is hamilton fire scannable?
I posted earlier that I was purchasing the NDXN key but I put it off. I was searching my area for freq's and doesn't seem to be alot. Some say buy it and others don't? Any input. Most of them are encrypted.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I posted earlier that I was purchasing the NDXN key but I put it off. I was searching my area for freq's and doesn't seem to be alot. Some say buy it and others don't? Any input. Most of them are encrypted.
Would that allow you to listen to say like p25 encrypted Hamilton fire?

There is nothing to get past encryption. Scanner's are very much consumer products - they are not even remotely capable of attempting bypassing this sort of thing. The only way to listen to encryption is to become a police officer / fire fighter and get issued a radio.

NXDN is just another protocol like P25 or DMR. It too is capable of being encrypted.

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
I am also new at this. Last scanner I had only displayed the freq, and the OPP just moved to the system they're on now. Digital was just starting to show up, and trunking was fairly new too.

Before you would push a number and that would take you to the frequency. I too would like to some how get together to discuss in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.