Looking for freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapperq

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me what are the scanner frequencies for Detroit and Wayne county Michigan and Columbus and Franklin county Ohio? I have tried those listed on this website but when I have been in those areas I don't get anything. I can receive the fire depts. but nothing else. Can anyone help here?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Can someone tell me what are the scanner frequencies for Detroit and Wayne county Michigan and Columbus and Franklin county Ohio? I have tried those listed on this website but when I have been in those areas I don't get anything. I can receive the fire depts. but nothing else. Can anyone help here?

Did you program/download it from this site?

Click on this link and program the system exactly as listed.
Franklin County Public Safety Trunking System, Columbus, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

I've listened to it daily for 11+ years with no problems. It is a very, very busy system, you should hear something provided the system is programmed correctly and is not locked out.

Were you in "search" or "scan" mode? Do you have any or all the talk groups entered? If you don't have any talk groups programmed and use "scan" mode it won't pickup. Try the "search" mode.

Check your quick keys. You may have had it locked out.

Click on this link for more information on the BCD996XT.
Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Detroit's public safety and Wayne County Sheriff operations, are on MPSCS. You will need the frequencies and the talkgroups, for the aspects you want to listen to.

Other jurisdictions in Wayne County operate on a mixture of systems.

K7CAR

Setup a Custom search and see what you have. If you're near any large population area you'll have 100's of busy frequencies. 152-160 mhz should be very active.

snapperq

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies help

Thanks for the help. I found the frequencies but am still not able to pick up anything.
Any other suggestions? Do I have a wrong setting? I have tried my P25 level settings at 20 and also 140 and it doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.