Looking For Frequency Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKenny1967

I currently have an SDS100 that I have had for a little over a month now. I had the scanner sent to me pre-programmed and have had no issues with it until now. I noticed a few calls that are being done through Cincinnati Fire Department. They have been dispatching out on a frequency that I cannot find. They occasionally dispatch out and say that the fire ground they are using is EMS A Adam 2 for example. On the Uniden Sentinel software I have downloaded and installed on my computer even though it tells me that it is up to date it does not show this frequency. Does anyone have an idea what it is on the Uniden Software or how I can find it to be able to monitor this channel?

Thanks

slicerwizard

Sounds like a question for the Ohio forum.

Maybe you're looking for highrise repeaters 1 and 2, but since I'm not a local, I could be way off base.

Maybe you should click on report and ask that this thread be moved to the Ohio forum.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I currently have an SDS100 that I have had for a little over a month now. I had the scanner sent to me pre-programmed and have had no issues with it until now. I noticed a few calls that are being done through Cincinnati Fire Department. They have been dispatching out on a frequency that I cannot find. They occasionally dispatch out and say that the fire ground they are using is EMS A Adam 2 for example. On the Uniden Sentinel software I have downloaded and installed on my computer even though it tells me that it is up to date it does not show this frequency. Does anyone have an idea what it is on the Uniden Software or how I can find it to be able to monitor this channel?

Thanks
You say they are dispatching out on a frequency you can not find. I suspect you mean to say they instruct to use a certain FG frequency will be used upon arrival... and that FG frequency is the one you can’t find. Try looking for EMS frequencies. If all else fails, taking a ride to where the FD is dispatched, and using the Close Call feature on the SDS100 will get you the frequencies being used on the FG.

teknishun

Is it possible the scanner is picking that out from the Master Database? The ENTIRE Radio Reference database for all things
is located on that mini-sd card. You can set the scanner NOT TO read from the master database and to just use the
favorites lists and the frequencies that you have programmed. When you find the frequency or channel you want in the
Master Database then you can add it to your favorites list with all your others.

lu81fitter

Just a guess, but when the page goes out, it is going over a system that covers a large area. You can hear them respond and go in transit. When on scene, they switch to the fire ground frequency that is simplex. If that is the case, you may be too far away to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.